Midnight Buffet Poll

How do you do the midnight buffet on the ship  

285 members have voted

1. 1. How do you do the midnight buffet on the ship

• Go and Eat -- Hey its free
    • Go and Look -- The presentation is too pretty to mess up
    • Don't go -- It is too late to eat or to go

It's great to see the presentation and all the carvings, but usually way to stuffed to enjoy any of the food.

I think because most people feel the same way the cruise lines don't seem to have this event much anymore.

MTS

On my first cruise in '80 or'81 ( Norway) I went to one of the midnite buffets, the only thing I recall is that Tiny Tim ( he was a guest/emceed some show)was stuffing his shopping bag. On my next 6 cruises I didn't bother ...can't stand to wait in line

I have late dinning as well so we are too full to eat. I love to look at it though. I was just on Princess and I was so disappointed that they didn't have a midnight buffet. (Their regular buffet is open 24/7 though). I like to see what new things they have come up with.

On the BIG RED BOAT in 1993 we had decided not to go as we wanted to get up early and DD wasn't feeling so well. But our waiter at dinner acted sooo disappointed that we promised him we'd go. We ended up falling asleep at 10 PM, but we had set the alarm for 11:45. We got up, took a few pictures and went back to bed!

Sure we go, its the only reason I can come with for the early dinner seating.

I don't appreciate it much though when folks going through the line looking, have to touch the food to point it out to the person standing right next to them!! :eek:

Jim M

You forgot a choice.Go and look it's pretty but don't eat because the food looks a lot better than it tastes.

This is definitely the choice I would have voted for. Another reason I avoid it is that I just get sickened seeing all those people piling their plates sky-high with more food than could possibly be consumed by an entire family, and then leaving most of it picked-over on their plates for the staff to clean up. What...is there a fear of starvation that emerges when faced with a free buffet?

The midnight chocolate buffet was even worse -- I saw people piling plates with literally dozens upon dozens of chocolate-covered strawberries, and taking them back to their rooms. Who could possibly eat that many chocolate-covered strawberries? And then there was the infamous event when I was among the last five people in line, there were ten chocolate-covered strawberries left, and the person in front of me TOOK THEM ALL! Later, I looked around the room and saw plate after plate filled with uneaten or barely-bitten-into chocolate-covered strawberries. And I didn't even get one! (I've been in therapy, but apparently I'm dealing with a pretty severe case of post-traumatic-strawberry disorder.)

LeeAnne ;)

Archived