Mini-suite Ice/buckets/ice

HollDoll

OK, here ya go. I finally found a picture of the regular ice bucket given to regular staterooms on webshots. A picture is worth 1000 words.

2203810190101557362S425x425Q85.jpg

And, although I don't normally take pictures of our ice bucket, here is one taken of our wet bar with the larger one. They have now been changed to stainless steal, but they are the same size as this one. The ice bucket is in the front right corner of the picture.

2027024700046132864S425x425Q85.jpg

Same size as the dinky plastic one in the frig picture? I don't think so.

There essentially the same size,both are small and do not keep ice frozen very long.

My collapsable 12 pack coolers rock!I leave one in the stateroom for Stewart to fill and pack one for us to take to the pool or Sanctuary for the day!We have ice whenever we want.I combine this with my 52 oz. Bubba Mug".....let's PARTY!!!

After you get your eyes checked :p You may wish to read the list of full suite perks. No, it does not say extra large, but it does list 'upgraded' (see bolded below). ;)

Luxury mattresses

Luxury ivory satin pinstripe bed linens

Fluffy duvets in place of blankets

Luggage protector on bed at embarkation

Luxury bathrobes

Luxury towels

Pillow menu - option of feather or therapeutic pillows

Massage shower heads

Luxury bathroom amenities (shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, bath gel, plus new lip balm, gel eye mask, bath salts and loofah mitts)

Facial mist (choice of scents)

Complimentary slippers

Fresh flower arrangement

Complimentary corsage and boutonniere on first formal night

Complimentary mini-bar - one-time set up

Combined DVD/CD Players

DVD Library - each vessel has a 100-title DVD library available to suite passengers

Halo light magnifying vanity mirrors on vanity Upgraded room amenities, including ice bucket and tray, leather wallet for cruise card, high quality pen, combined clothes brush, lint remover and shoe horn, shoe cleaning mitt, sewing kit, white cloth laundry bag, black cloth shoe shining bag

Complimentary Princess tote bag

Umbrella for use during the cruise

Darn,we didn't get any of that "Facial Mist"....or did we think that was the "Foot Spray"...but thats not on the list!:D

OK, here ya go. I finally found a picture of the regular ice bucket given to regular staterooms on webshots. A picture is worth 1000 words.

2203810190101557362S425x425Q85.jpg

And, although I don't normally take pictures of our ice bucket, here is one taken of our wet bar with the larger one. They have now been changed to stainless steal, but they are the same size as this one. The ice bucket is in the front right corner of the picture.

2027024700046132864S425x425Q85.jpg

Same size as the dinky plastic one in the frig picture? I don't think so.

Come to think of it,we didn't have those nice shelving units attached to the wall at the wet bar shown in your photo!I'm going to have to call Princess about this!I had to stack those damn glasses on the side there and hope we didn't cause to much movement in the suite!:D

There essentially the same size,both are small and do not keep ice frozen very long.

My collapsable 12 pack coolers rock!I leave one in the stateroom for Stewart to fill and pack one for us to take to the pool or Sanctuary for the day!We have ice whenever we want.I combine this with my 52 oz. Bubba Mug".....let's PARTY!!!

Ours worked so much better than the plastic ones. Even not kept in the frig, it still kept the ice frozen overnite with very little melting. Where as with the plastic white ones, it's gone in no time if not kept inside the frig. As said, the plastic champagne buckets with saran wrap over the top are fine for a party, but it doesn't keep the ice from melting quickly.

We have always received everything on the full suite list, including the facial mist (but if I remember correctly last fall it has been changed out to 'linen mist/spray') and no longer was facial mist.

No wonder you didn't feel your full suite was worth the price, from your posts, it sounds like you missed some things that are offered. Maybe they didn't like you very much or something. ROFL Better luck next time. ;)

Ours worked so much better than the plastic ones. Even not kept in the frig, it still kept the ice frozen overnite with very little melting. Where as with the plastic white ones, it's gone in no time if not kept inside the frig. As said, the plastic champagne buckets with saran wrap over the top are fine for a party, but it doesn't keep the ice from melting quickly.

We have always received everything on the full suite list, including the facial mist (but if I remember correctly last fall it has been changed out to 'linen mist/spray') and no longer was facial mist.

No wonder you didn't feel your full suite was worth the price, from your posts, it sounds like you missed some things that are offered. Maybe they didn't like you very much or something. ROFL Better luck next time. ;)

This cracks me up!!Do you actually travel with your very own personal "coffee maker" (See Your Photograph)??????

This item is definitely not listed as a "Suite Perk"!

Gee...that gives me an idea,I'll gring my toaster oven next time so I can have my pop tarts!:p

We hate cruise ship coffee, and like our coffee first thing in the AM. Neither of us wants to go to the coffee bar in our PJ's to bring back coffee, and we don't like their brewed coffee in the coffee bar to begin with. This is the perfect method (although believe it or not, we have had coffee making facilities on the Sea Princess supplied in our suite after the ship returned from P&O that first year). ;) We have taken onboard our own little coffee maker (with auto shut off) for the last 10+ years.

Coffee is one thing we enjoy. I see now why you wanted a BIG ice bucket, for your cooler? But carrying a 12 pack cooler to the pool for the day, unbelievable! No wonder they are going to start cracking down on what can be carried onboard if passengers are trying to get away with this sort of behavior. When drinks start wandering out of the cabin in this fashion, I don't blame the cruise line at all for cracking down on carried on items.

Totally done with this discussion now....................

We hate cruise ship coffee, and like our coffee first thing in the AM. Neither of us wants to go to the coffee bar in our PJ's to bring back coffee, and we don't like their brewed coffee in the coffee bar to begin with. This is the perfect method (although believe it or not, we have had coffee making facilities on the Sea Princess supplied in our suite after the ship returned from P&O that first year). ;) We have taken onboard our own little coffee maker (with auto shut off) for the last 10+ years.

Coffee is one thing we enjoy. I see now why you wanted a BIG ice bucket, for your cooler? But carrying a 12 pack cooler to the pool for the day, unbelievable! No wonder they are going to start cracking down on what can be carried onboard if passengers are trying to get away with this sort of behavior. When drinks start wandering out of the cabin in this fashion, I don't blame the cruise line at all for cracking down on carried on items.

Totally done with this discussion now....................

Its been fun!

See ya!:)

Only if you are smoking while you use it!

We need to start a list.

Noise polution (from Mike firing up that gas blender on the balcony :D)

Air polution (from second hand smoke coming from smokers on the balcony when the wind is blowing :rolleyes:)

Eye polution (on formal nights when some can't bare to see someone not in a suit or tux and it bothers them so much it hurts their eyes)

Pool polution (from those wanting to take babies into the pool in swim diapers)

Can ya think of anymore? :D

There must be something wrong with your vision!All of the ice buckets are the same and they have lids.Been on multiple categorys,multiple ships and multiple cruise lines and they are all the same.The only "large" you will get is a metal champagne bucket or a plastic beer bucket both without a lid!

My previous post suggest purchasing a collapsable soft side cooler for $7.99 at Walmart that easily fits in your suitcase.It will hold a 12 Pack or keep a heck of alot of ice FROZEN all day!:rolleyes:

Ummm, that's nice about your experiences but you don't need to be rude about other people's responses. My last cruise I had the small one with the lid like in a hotel AND I had a large plastic one that you would put champagne in. I've never had a metal one in my cabin. For the lid, he just puts cellaphane over the top and it keeps for quite a while.

Oh golly no Toto, not that. That often happens, and generally provides lots of other good info. Just seems that a few posters are a bit sarcastic and nasty. But I guess it's always that way. I appreciate very much all the information I receive from these boards. I'm sure you agree that due to the fact that the general nature is about fun holidays, it seems weird how some people can get. Oh well, it takes all kinds!! (-: I appreciate your help--I asked because I have had a suite in the past and wondered about the mini. Wish I had a suite this time too, but like you, can't always do it!! Thanks again!!

a) for newbies....if you can't find your ice bucket, it's in the fridge. I had a friend who

was surprised when I mentioned the ice bucket. They were going up to HC and getting

glasses of ice!

b)I'm glad to finally see what Toto looks like. (from the photo) Kind of looks like an

alien with that brilliant head!

Mike, were you part of the planning for Mustard of the Seas...an RCCL venture we

hoped to get built? We had quite a thread going, with jobs for everyone.

Some of the posts were hilarious. Nice change from the acrimony we read every day!

Mimi

Archived