Please wait, your reservation is being messed up

raudacruise

This was not a good time with =X=. Maybe partially my problem but I don't think so.

Friday we decided to go on Eclipse TA in October 2011. Picked a room and called our TA. She put the stuff through.

Over the weekend decided to change the room, so went on Web site to change. Later, got an automated email saying we needed to pay the deposit by Tuesday.

So Monday I follow the links and pay the deposit. Called our TA and told her what I did. Everything cool supposedly.

Well, when she transfered the reservation to the agency, =X= is saying no deposit has been paid :confused:. So the travel agency is resubmitting my credit card info.

I'm going to be pretty TO'd if I get billed twice. Our TA tried her darndest to figure out what happened. I think the new room request might have set this off but certainly they must track things like CC payments on line.

Love =X= on the ships but sometimes the customer service is just about unbareable :mad:.

I think the error is in your court. It sounds like instead of changing your original booking (which you wouldn't even be able to do online, nor on the phone, because it was booked through a TA), you made another booking.

Sounds like the problem is resolved. I wouldn't worry about the double deposit. My experience has been that when you cancel a booking, the credit shows up within days.

Folks, I went on line and paid the deposit with my CC following the instructions from an email from =X=.

But =X= said no payment today said no payment was made.

Maybe I messed up the process, don't know. Time will tell if I get double billed. Fortunately have good CC company and they will revert any double charges I'm sure.

Guess last minute decisions can be frustrating. Last minute for a cruise that isn't going to happen for 18 months :D.

Folks, I went on line and paid the deposit with my CC following the instructions from an email from =X=.

Maybe I messed up the process, don't know. Time will tell if I get double billed. Fortunately have good CC company and they will revert any double charges I'm sure.

Guess last minute decisions can be frustrating. Last minute for a cruise that isn't going to happen for 18 months :D.

Me thinks that you double booked .X will not change a cabin if the booking went through a TA . Thus ,look at your booking directly with X & cancel that one . Then tell your TA that you want to change cabins. Oh those bases on balls ,lol

If you do banking online with this CC you will see immediately if there is either the charge or a pending charge.

If you start with a TA you must follow through with a TA. Celebrity has thousands of reservations and if you booked on line they have no way of knowing that you changed an existing reservation rather than booking a completely new one. Lesson learned.....

Let me clarify this:

1. On Friday our TA put a cabin on hold for us.
  2. Over the weekend we change our minds on what cabin so I reserved the new one on line, not through the TA.
  3. Got email from =X= I needed to put deposit down on the new one. No way they could have gotten my email on the one originally put on hold by TA
  4. Followed link from email and put deposit on CC
  5. TA transfered by on-line booking to the agency
  6. TA told by =X= no deposit today.
  7. TA makes deposit (hopefully not double).

Well what the heck went wrong with step #4? I definitely went through the "My Celebrity" steps and have a printed copy of our reservation on the second booking (the one I did on-line, not the first hold one the TA did).

I admit we sort of messed this up but I can't quite figure out what happened on step #4. Not a problem if I get double billed, my CC company will take care of it. Its just seems like with all the info they had it should have been much simpler.

And as far as looking up CC bills, those things can take up to 4-5 days to post to my on-line account. Celebrity for whatever reason always seems a little tardy (why, I don't know).

Anyway, no crisis. Just a little frustrating. Heck, wouldn't be surprised if the prices come down anyway :D.

If you're really anxious, you CC company should be able to tell you if their is a credit pending even before you see it online. We recently received a credit from Celebrity and was told we should see it within 3 days and it was exactly 3 days later that I was able to view the transaction online.

Let me clarify this:

1. On Friday our TA put a cabin on hold for us.
  2. Over the weekend we change our minds on what cabin so I reserved the new one on line, not through the TA.
  3. Got email from =X= I needed to put deposit down on the new one. No way they could have gotten my email on the one originally put on hold by TA
  4. Followed link from email and put deposit on CC
  5. TA transfered by on-line booking to the agency
  6. TA told by =X= no deposit today.
  7. TA makes deposit (hopefully not double).

Well what the heck went wrong with step #4? I definitely went through the "My Celebrity" steps and have a printed copy of our reservation on the second booking (the one I did on-line, not the first hold one the TA did).

I admit we sort of messed this up but I can't quite figure out what happened on step #4. Not a problem if I get double billed, my CC company will take care of it. Its just seems like with all the info they had it should have been much simpler.

And as far as looking up CC bills, those things can take up to 4-5 days to post to my on-line account. Celebrity for whatever reason always seems a little tardy (why, I don't know).

Anyway, no crisis. Just a little frustrating. Heck, wouldn't be surprised if the prices come down anyway :D.

If you're really anxious, you CC company should be able to tell you if their is a credit pending even before you see it online. We recently received a credit from Celebrity and was told we should see it within 3 days and it was exactly 3 days later that I was able to view the transaction online.

Its no problem. Credit card limit is fine. Just trying to document what happened and I still don't totally understand why.

But I think the main thing happened. Got a cruise lined up. Although 18 months out sometimes anticipation is as good as participation (if that makes any sense :D).

Archived