Main Dining Room - Not so hot

July_Cruiser

We were on Mercury over Easter and I must say what a delight it was to come into the Cafe Easter morning and find Easter Baskets, flower arrangements, chocolate bunnies - galore:D The entire buffet area was decorated. The crew and staff wished us a Happy Easter all day long.

As far as food in the MDR, I found it to be just fine on Mecury. Everytime I had escargot it came out very hot. We found no complaints at all on this cruise, with the exception of the lobster night which we found the lobster tail a little tough but that didn't stop us from finishing it;)

On Cruise Cuisine..I did not notice here another determining factoring on Temperature served, well actually two)

1.) Location and as well distance from the Galley Doors across the floor to the Table Tops.

2.) Length of time of which the tray is placed then the appys, side dishes, main plates and desserts are taken adjusted then placed in front of you for consumption.

The aforementioned to raise and/or lower served temperatures as well what they are made of... some presentations hold heat/cold better than others..eh...

If a consumer is not happy then just kindly ask the server(s) to do it the way you want it done.

On Easter, which by the way is the only floating holy+day.. I so appreciate a nd enjoy a Virginia Ham each Easter Sunday.

Guest maddycat
I don't know if you had a different person preparing your meals or if you just ordered poorly, but we were on the exact same sailing April 03 through April 10 on Summit and found the food to be incredible.

Ive been on 3 cruises: NCL, Carnival, and Celebrity now. Celebrity was the best, hands down.

My wife and I eat out a lot, and really enjoy nice food. We cook regularly, and are aware of the differences between average and good or good and great food. I found the food in the MDR on Summit to be good to great.

Thats not to say its perfect, but it was great overall.

It seems like the thing that the OP complained most about was temperature. If you had a good waiter, this wasn't an issue. Our watier never brought us out cold food. In fact, it was always the perfect temperature. There are very few dishes that need to be served blazing hot. Usually poor quality food is served very hot because it lessens the flavor impact. And like I said, a good waiter will fix that for you.

Did you speak to your waiter? The maitre d? Ours came by every single night to ask how we were doing. He was very helpful, and if you had asked, Im sure you could have had the problem resolved.

Again, the foods not perfect, but we found it great. The only complaint I have is with the salads. They are pretty sparse, especially on lettuce. But the appetizers, entrees, and deserts were fantastic. Im sorry you had such a bad time, but to everyone about to go n Summit, don't be worried. Everyone at our table loved the food

Thanks for your positive comments concerning the MDR food on the Summit.

July_Cruiser,

Thanks for your honest review.

Did you comment on the problems? To the HotMan? Head Waiter? Comment Cards? Chairman ?

As hot food should be hot and cold food cold. Health inspectors all over America and other countries require certain temperatures of food served/shown in a buffet too at.

On Snails, did you know that is one of Rome's first type of currency?

They are delicious creatures if prepared well then served hot at least 190- 210 f .

In the ships galley the chef is really only one or two per ship and if that large staff is not supervised well ..you know things go a muck and mire.. Hello Muck. Hello Mire.

Same as the ships staff.. they need a great Second in Command. That HotMan ( Hotel manager ) has to be like a 3 Star General aboard. If supervision/administrative skills are lacking then right down the line it does follow suit...

Telling the Head Waiter helps if problems arise with food ..service..speed..temperature... etc..etc.. Usually they will go above to benefit the customers.. they are paid to please.

By writing the Chairman of RCL :NYSE in Miami, FL o helps as that way they are able to see the pros and cons from Cruisers eyes. If you don't write they never shall know.

He wants this feedback !:cool:

Companies pay many thousands of Dollars to get Customer Feedback. A Cruise Line is a Service Based Company.

Yes, we first complained to our waiter. The next night when we all complained the Head Waiter and a Chef were brought to our table and promised us our food would be hot. It was basically all hot that night and then reverted back the next night. Maybe we should have tried the HotMan as you suggested.

I thought the MDR food was very good on the Equinox. I was a little surprised at the lack of Easter dinner. I also thought there was going to be an elegant brunch on one of the sea days but there was no mention of that. This cruise was also a special Passover cruise.

It may have just been a person in that hat..

As your paying for the things they want to know from us cruisers what is going on. yes the actual and factual not the conceived/perceived..;)

Suggesting now that you write the Chairman of RCL as that way he knows from you not third fourth and fifth person ways..

I am not going to the Annual Meeting this year. I am going to be on the Atlantic that day and land in the morning during it.

It will be held at the JW Marriot 1109 Brickell Ave. Miami, Florida at 9:00 am edt on Thursday May 20th, 2010 a.d.

The Chairman and Chief Executive Officer

Richard D. Fain

Send him eMail at and through the Corporate Secretary

corporatesecretary@rccl.com

RCL :NYSE http://www.rclinvestor.com

1050 Caribbean Way

Miami FL. 33132- _ _ _ _

Yes, we first complained to our waiter. The next night when we all complained the Head Waiter and a Chef were brought to our table and promised us our food would be hot. It was basically all hot that night and then reverted back the next night. Maybe we should have tried the HotMan as you suggested.

I just returned from a ten night cruise onboard the Equinox. I was part of a group of five and we found the food onboard to be great in almost all cases. There were some changes to the menu from our March 2009 cruise onboard the Solstice, and I found all the changes to be improvements. We have been sailing Celebrity every year for quite a few years and feel the food is better than it's been in quite awhile. Tuscan Grille and Murano's were both outstanding. We also enjoyed The Bistro and the daily offerings in the Ocean View were great. We did have a wonderful grand buffet near the end of the cruise. Our last two days were at sea and the buffet took place on the first of these. This is so much better than the late night buffet.

Archived