Has anyone had any calls for room upgrades

rbach

I am new to Azamara, but I was under the impression that they do not offer complimentary upgrades like on some ships. I think I have read that at times they offer the use of a grand suite as a Bingo prize??

Linda

We sailed on the 4/1/10 departure of the Journey. Two days before departure our travel agent was contacted to offer us a upgrade from balcony to mini-suite for $300pp. We were traveling with another couple and as a surprise we husbands took the upgrade. We told our wives when we were about two hours from boarding. They were also told " Do not get use to this." We enjoyed the larger room, butler service and afternoon treats. Also there was no charge for speciality dining. Our next cruises are back to regular staterooms. Life on a cruise is great.:cool:

Don

We sailed on the 4/1/10 departure of the Journey. Two days before departure our travel agent was contacted to offer us a upgrade from balcony to mini-suite for $300pp. We were traveling with another couple and as a surprise we husbands took the upgrade. We told our wives when we were about two hours from boarding. They were also told " Do not get use to this." We enjoyed the larger room, butler service and afternoon treats. Also there was no charge for speciality dining. Our next cruises are back to regular staterooms. Life on a cruise is great.:cool:Don

What a lovely surprise. Good for you!

I can attest to the fact that Azamara will give complimentary upgrades. We were visited by the upgrade fairy on our cruise in February. Didn't find out about it until we tried to book a dinner reservation as we were embarking! It was a terrific surprise and was the start of a fabulous cruise.

It is great that some have gotten upgrades...I am hoping for one as the ship is not fully booked for next week or for the cruise after. As I am on a B2B I am hopeful, but not getting my hopes high.;):p

I have noticed that many ships are not full.

Has anyone had any calls for a room upgrade?

If so, how far in advance of the cruise did Azamara call?

I think this is an unpublished benefit for Diamond and Diamond Plus members of the RC Crown&Anchor program and does not apply to Azamara and Celebrity Cruises.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived