What menu items/dishes are not to be missed...

Now I have not cruised RCI, so my opinions are based on Princess/Disney and I am not much into sweets...

My dad LOVES the fruit soups--yet every one I try simply tastes like a foo foo drink from the bar (great by the pool but NOT what I am looking for in a first course!)

Looking forward to many of your suggestions...I LOVE escargot, brulee (tho VERY picky about it) & key lime pie...

Reading this thread a) makes me hungry and wish I was on our cruise and b) illustrates why food and almost every aspect of a cruise is so subjective. I think it also shows there is something for everybody on the cruise. Some people love the chilled soups. I won't go near them. Some people love Johnny Rockets. I can get a burger anytime at home, etc. Me, personally, I love the escargot and the lamb shanks! Enjoy!!

For those who like spice, definitely try at least one of the Indian curry entrees. I had one on a recent cruise, and it was excellent! I also thought the appetizer salad topped w/ Morroccan spiced chicken was outstanding. It was spicy, in terms of lots of flavorful seasonings, but not really "hot" spicy. The Indian dish had some heat to it, though. (If you like hot, you'd probably say it wasn't very hot, but just had a nice kick to it. If you're a wimp about spicy food, it might be too much for you.)

Archived