USair flight backup tix???

palmtre2

I have refundable tix with SW for backup to my original USair flights - should I cancel them, wait till the week before, keep them up to the day???? What would you do???

We also had SOuthwest back up tickets for our flight on USAIR on 1/12. If we had used the Southwest tickets, we would have had to drive to Buffalo instead of Syracuse....a 2 hour difference drive time. I didn't cancel the refundalbe tickets until the morning we flew out. I checked on line to maek sure our USAIR flight was still scheduled. It turned out we were delayed by fog going into Philly and missed all of our possible connections, flew into West Palm Beach and took a shuttle to Miami arriving at 2 am. But I would hang on to the Southwest tickets until right before you leave. You can cancel by e-mail and get a confirmation right away.

You don't have to cancel them at all, although it's considerate to do so.

If you do not cancel and you try to re-use the funds on the day of travel, there will likely be some delay in releasing the funds. This prevents duplicate use of funds at the airport. After the day of travel (and after the return travel date if round trip) the reservation automatically cancels and the funds become a travel credit.

Jimbo:)

Archived