What kind of stroller to take?

FSUSammy

My son (2.5yr old) and I are going on the Oasis in a little less than 2 weeks. I have a small umbrella stroller and a jogging stroller but I'm not sure which one is more feasible to take. I've never taken him on a cruise. Part of me says take the umbrella stroller since its smaller but another part of me says to take the jogging stroller because it'll be more manageable at ports. What do you all think?

My son (2.5yr old) and I are going on the Oasis in a little less than 2 weeks. I have a small umbrella stroller and a jogging stroller but I'm not sure which one is more feasible to take. I've never taken him on a cruise. Part of me says take the umbrella stroller since its smaller but another part of me says to take the jogging stroller because it'll be more manageable at ports. What do you all think?

I have an almost 2 year old who we have taken on many cruises and we have tried both. Actually we took the bigger stroller only once and learned our lesson. It is a no brainer, take the umbrella stoller, you can fold it up nicely and put it in your closet. It also is easier to manuever around the passageways.

Have any of you guys done cruises with European ports, i.e., cobblestone streets? I am wondering if the recommendation for the umbrella stroller is still valid for those ports, as I think I read somewhere that those don't handle uneven surfaces as well as the "regular" strollers.

Any thoughts?

Have any of you guys done cruises with European ports, i.e., cobblestone streets? I am wondering if the recommendation for the umbrella stroller is still valid for those ports, as I think I read somewhere that those don't handle uneven surfaces as well as the "regular" strollers.

Any thoughts?

My thoughts for cobblestone streets is a backpack. I've done both umbrella and bigger strollers on cobblestones, and neither work very well. Where there are cobblestones, etc., there are usually many stairs as well. The backpack avoids both of these.

My thoughts for cobblestone streets is a backpack. I've done both umbrella and bigger strollers on cobblestones, and neither work very well. Where there are cobblestones, etc., there are usually many stairs as well. The backpack avoids both of these.

Hmm ... not sure if that's going to work for us. Our little guy is about 30 pounds, and hauling him around can get old really quick ... LOL.

I'm a fan of heavy duty strollers for cruises. My Graco Duoglider did great on cobblestones and was comfortable enough for my girls to sleep in when they needed to. I never found it to be a hassle - as long as you know that on the ship you're just going to have to be patient waiting for an elevator.

That said, if the roads are really too rough for strollers or you'll have a lot of steps to deal with, you'll absolutely want a stroller that is light enough to carry. Though I'd like to have had a heavy duty stroller in Barcelona, I knew that we'd have lots of stairs to deal with when using the metro, so I brought the lightest weight stroller I could find - and I was happy I did. In some of our ports, I had to leave the stroller behind completely because I knew there would be no way to use it (Cairo, Ephesus) and in those ports I just put my daughter on my shoulders when necessary.

Best,

Mia

Archived