TBA Rooms

tarbashchaputi

Can someone give the the 411 on TBA or guarantee rooms? We just booked two TBA cabins on the Pride in December, one inside and one balcony. I am a little bit concerned now, because I am afraid we will end up with some crap room located right above the disco or something. Despite my misgivings, I do like to sleep occasionally.

BJG

Sometimes? I've done okay.

On the Inspiration I went from a 4a gty to cabin U4 it had portholes so that was nice. This was the only gty I did on CCL. Looks like this cruise I went from a 4a to a 4d., Verandah deck so I'm happy with that. I'm happy with anything as long as I'm on a cruise!

We have always done gty unless we were traveling with a group that wanted

specific rooms. Until this cruise we have always gotten good upgrades. Right now according to the "Book Modify" method we are right above the disco (We booked an 8A quarantee and the cabin we have is an 8A). Hoping it may change but if it doesn't.....hey I'm cruising ..... nothing can be too bad.

Seriously, have usually always gotten at least two categories until this one.

We've done a guarantee room once, on the Celebration in 1998. We booked a 4A guarantee and were bumped from Riviera deck to Empress. Downside was that we were right under Camp Carnival and right over the engine. Our room vibrated so badly while on the Mississippi that a glass of water vibrated right off the desk! It felt and sounded like we were INSIDE a jackhammer - I had a major anxiety attack after about 4 hours of that! That night I was ready to go to the pursers desk and ask to be airlifted off the ship lol! Fortunately it got better after we got into the gulf.

Just used the Book Modify Method and we were upgraded for our upcoming Legend cruise from a 7A guaranty (obstructed balcony) to a 8F on the Verandah deck. This is the 3rd time we have booked a guarantee cabin and have been nicely upgraded all 3 times.

We booked a 4a gntee for our 12/12/04 cruise on the Miracle. This was our third Carnival cruise and we were given a 8a balcony cabin. That definitely was a WOW moment. When we received our docs the cabin number was listed on the back of our S&S card. Now I would always bood a guaranteed room.

Okay....been asked a million times, but I am kinda hoping I'm missing something. When you go on the book modify site you are just looking at the room number where it said 4a gty tba up until your upgrade showed up right. You're not looking at anything else or doing anything else? Because if that is the case...no upgrade for me :(

chelle

Okay....been asked a million times, but I am kinda hoping I'm missing something. When you go on the book modify site you are just looking at the room number where it said 4a gty tba up until your upgrade showed up right. You're not looking at anything else or doing anything else? Because if that is the case...no upgrade for me :(

You may not know if you've been upgraded until you get to the pier. The whole idea of upgrades is to give those passengers that are taking that particular cruise the "best" cabins available. Carnival may not know that until the final manifest is determined on the day of the cruise. :)

guess there is always hope then with the gty room...:) I don't really care. An inside room would actually work out for my husband better (he likes to sleep a little later). I'll just be happy to be on my first cruise..Just anxious to know where I'll be sleeping during this trip of a lifetime... :)

I just got back last week off the Miracle. We booked an inside GTY and got a Balcony.

This past August on the Destiny inside gty got 6B window

Last January on Conquest booked 4B got 6B then 3 days later got upped to 8E Balcony

August 2003 on Pride booked 1A gty and got 8A

STeve

There is another page to that book modify. On the first page when you look at your cruise details you will always see the cat you booked at.

when you go into the link you will see a cabin number if and when it is assigned. If you scroll down further you should see prices = not necessarily the price you paid--sometimes the price is a lot more then what you paid--or a lot less. Pay no attention to that.

We just booked two TBA cabins on the Pride in December, one inside and one balcony. .

BJG

The only problem I see with this is your inside cabin may be on one deck and you may be on another. When on the Victory my kids were on the Riveria Deck and we were on the Upper deck. If your kids are younger youmay want to look and see about getting set cabins.

The only problem I see with this is your inside cabin may be on one deck and you may be on another. When on the Victory my kids were on the Riveria Deck and we were on the Upper deck. If your kids are younger youmay want to look and see about getting set cabins.

Thanks Serene!!! This really made me lmao - the inside is for my In Laws!! If they are on the Riveria and I end up on the upper that would be a blessing!!:D

BJG

can you usually get a good upgrade by booking this way?

Usually? I don't know about usually, but a lot of folks do seem to get nice upgrades when booking gty.

My little tale of woe: I had always booked a specific cabin number until my last cruise, and I decided to try the gty, because so many got upgraded. Well, it sure worked against me, and I was still stuck with a 1A cabin (kept checking the book/modify), and finally called my PVP back - I was so disappointed, and ready to cancel.

She said it looked as if NO upgrade was in my future - and after much conversation, she called me back the next day to say she had put me in an assigned cabin w/2 portholes. Love that PVP!

Bottom line - IF you will be happy no matter where or what type cabin you'll be in, book the gty. However, I will NEVER take that chance again! Learned a valuable lesson. My cruise turned out well, but only because of a caring and sympathetic PVP.

Booked 3 guarantees so far.... 1st was OV Guar, ended up with same category, but on the upper deck. 2nd OV Guar, just up a deck on main, same category. 3rd was an 8C Balc Guar and ended up 8G... I personally don't care about location and I don't go into it expecting any sort of upgrade, so I have yet to be disappointed...

When I go try to go to the book/modify page I just keep getting the following message:

We apologize, an error occurred while processing your request. Carnival.com technical support has been notified of the problem and will be working to resolve the issue.

Am I doing something wrong? :confused:

how do you get to the second page of the book modify page?

follow thse directions and see what happens. I find that were that server is busy ou will get the error message-- try again in a few minutes. Use the links and click on those. do not use your browser/

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=96045

Archived