All I can say is....WOW

Man, I can't believe this. Can you imagine if everyone sued over this kind of garbage, cruises would be EXPENSIVE! (for you guys that just got of Ecstasy dont get any ideas )

http://news.travel.aol.com/2010/04/22/judge-appeals-dream-cruise-award/?ncid=AOLCOMMtravdynlprim0943&icid=main|aim|dl5|link4|http%3A%2F%2Fnews.travel.aol.com%2F2010%2F04%2F22%2Fjudge-appeals-dream-cruise-award%2F%3Fncid%3DAOLCOMMtravdynlprim0943

Sounds like the cruise line did what they could by moving them around, and they chose to get off in Honolulu and stay in a luxury hotel. I don't see how they are entitled to much. Can I get off the ship in the bahamas and get the rest of my cruise fare back? Doubt it.

Give me a break. She purchased 21 gowns and wants the cruise to

pay for them, she still owns them. No one made her buy 21 gowns.

There not necessary proof, from what we read, that they got sick due

to the cruise line.

I guess bad weather is now the cruise fault!

That cruise cost them $90,000, and they probably saved for many a year for that cruise. I'm not a fan of suing, but some cases you want to at least recoup your loss.
Sure, and I want my youth and good looks back, but I'm not LEGALLY entitled to them.

:eek:wow, 90K for a cruise?!?!? Thats crazy!
About $900 a day, maiden cruise and I kind of doubt they were in an inside cabin. And this is one of the Queens, quite a bit more posh than what we Carnivalers are used to.

I guess bad weather is now the cruise fault!
No, but if they could have sailed around it, they should have.

I didn't follow the case, but they would have to prove that the cruise ship "caused" his mouth ulcers and his wife's breathing problems in order to be awarded money right? Otherwise, I agree that one can't just get off a ship and demand money back because they didn't like the weather.

Sounds like the cruise line did what they could by moving them around, and they chose to get off in Honolulu and stay in a luxury hotel. I don't see how they are entitled to much. Can I get off the ship in the bahamas and get the rest of my cruise fare back? Doubt it.

But I thought you could. Isn't that what CCL's Money Back Guarantee states (pro rated fare of course)?

Am I missing something ?

"Mrs. Milner said the trip left them "in a terrible, inconsolable state."

Yes, that's a pretty typical reaction to a cruise. :rolleyes:

From what I read the problems they faced were:

• Heavy seas
  • Illness

I'm really sorry they did not have a great time, but the problems they had were not the fault of the cruise line, and the cruise line should not have to pony up the big bucks for them.

That cruise cost them $90,000, and they probably saved for many a year for that cruise. I'm not a fan of suing, but some cases you want to at least recoup your loss.

Recoup how? Weather was not what they hoped, and they got sick. Certainly not the cruisline's fault.

And they HAD to spend six weeks in a luxury hotel in Hawaii - how terrible for them!:rolleyes:

On another note - 21 gowns!?!? I had to read that a couple of times to make sure I'd read it right. That is the perfect metaphor for materialism and conspicuous consumption.

Sniff....Sniff....They probably didn't care for the long lines at afternoon tea as well and I bet their steward didn't make them a single towel animal during their stay. Certainly that alone would cause much pain and suffering and be worth at least an additional $50K.

Their case sets a clear precedent on action to take the next time the lobster is over cooked on Elegant night. I mean really! I bought that suit 4 years ago!

I remember reading (here) about that case when they were first awarded that large sum. Personally, I agree with the second ruling. These people may have had a horrible cruise, but I believe they were trying to take advantage in that suit....the 21 dresses she bought were a horrible reminder of a horrible trip???

Cut me a break....

Man, I can't believe this. Can you imagine if everyone sued over this kind of garbage, cruises would be EXPENSIVE! (for you guys that just got of Ecstasy dont get any ideas )

http://news.travel.aol.com/2010/04/22/judge-appeals-dream-cruise-award/?ncid=AOLCOMMtravdynlprim0943&icid=main|aim|dl5|link4|http%3A%2F%2Fnews.travel.aol.com%2F2010%2F04%2F22%2Fjudge-appeals-dream-cruise-award%2F%3Fncid%3DAOLCOMMtravdynlprim0943

unfortuneatly that was one of my thoughts. but after reading one womans post on carnival that just got off the ecstasy, she was happy how the crew/captain handled the situation and i was happy to hear that there were alot of guests who were asking what they could do to help them with things! way to go cruisers! :)

There is a decent probability that anyone would get sick within a 15 week period. That's nearly 30% of the year. On my last 7 day cruise, I woke up the last morning with a terrible sore throat that got progressively worse as the day went on. I ended up spending the last night of our cruise in bed. Never in 12 cruises have I been in bed before 10PM, until that night.

While it is terrible that this couple had to deal with illness during their vacation, I have read nothing to indicate that their issues were the fault of the cruise line. They made the decision to disembark. I think that their compensation was excessive and unwarrented.

Please, if they could afford $90,000 for a cruise and she could buy 21 gowns and then they spent 6 weeks in a luxury hotel in Hawaii, they can afford to lose their money because they are being greedy. These are the type of people that expect everyone to bend to their wills and damn the rest of us.

There is a decent probability that anyone would get sick within a 15 week period. .

I believe the probability goes up a LOT if that 15 weeks is spent on a ship!!

I never get colds at home. Lately, I get sick on every cruise, espcially a long one. On my last 14 day cruise I made it all the way to day 11 and was getting smug, thinking I had finally beat it....then, POW. :rolleyes:

But I keep cruising anyway. It's now a competition between me and the germs, I paln on beating them next time. :D

Archived