Suites on the Volendam

bloofer

I am looking at a couple of options for a cruise in 2011, both on the Volendam. I have a question for anyone who is familiar with the suites ("S") on that ship. I see from the deck plan that the suites are located immediately below the Lido Deck. This differs from their locations on the two larger HA ships on which I have cruised (Zuiderdam & Noordam). Has anyone who has used the Volendam suites experienced noise from above?

We had a midship S Suite on the Volendam. Yes, we could hear noises from the Lido deck, but not so much as to spoil our use of the verandah. There is more than enough serenity to be found - we just tuned out the noise when it happened, and it really wasn't constant or overwhelming. We loved the location and would book that same spot again.

We had S7012 on the Volendam and really liked the cabin. Really didn't notice much, if any, noise from above. It's also close to the Neptune Lounge but not too close. We'd easily take the same cabin again and, in fact, usually book that or S7010 on any of the R or S class ships.

Thanks for the feedback. Once I had a stateroom on Aloha deck (Princess) which was under a deck chair area. The noise was quite bothersome, especially early in the morning (deck chairs being dragged around). Part of the problem is that my noise tolerance level is a tad on the low side. :(

In June 07 our MS Volendam suite on Navigation deck was right under the ping pong table. All you could hear all day were ping pong balls bouncing on the floor.:eek:

They moved the table to another part of the ship but not sure where the Ping Pong table is presently located.

In June 07 our MS Volendam suite on Navigation deck was right under the ping pong table. All you could hear all day were ping pong balls bouncing on the floor.:eek:

They moved the table to another part of the ship but not sure where the Ping Pong table is presently located.

In December it was located to the front of the pool (the undercover area) on the portside.

In December it was located to the front of the pool (the undercover area) on the portside.

Thanks for telling me....

Sounds like the pool table is back to it's original place it was on our cruise. Maybe they took a few of our recommendation's and put some type of mat underneath the pool table. Have never heard recent complaints on CC, that have addressed Ping Pong table noise complaints. People were having fun and that what's cruising is about.

Yes, one night after a big Lido pool event there was a short moment that you could hear some tables and chairs being moved.

We realize we are on a cruise ship and there will be noises we are not used to. We always bring duct tape (tool man chant) for swinging doors, drawers etc. in rough weather. MS Eurodam in fairly rough seas last December, a painting was banging on our cabin wall and I would imagine; just about every cabin on board had some unfamiliar noise.

The MS Volendam was our first Holland America cruise and we have been hooked ever after. Thanks to a reward program our first cruise with Hal was in a deluxe verandha. Now that can be addictive... but we love to cruise and we remain open to other cruise venues or ventures. Currently we are very satisfied with this line and it's product. It fit's us.

Archived