3 day cruises

physiegirl

Where do we actually go on the 3 day sampler out of Sydney 7.5.10...do they still have all the activities and entertainment on board as they do on longer cruises???

I have been on a couple of 2-night cruises and there are a lot of activities. They pack as much into the time as possible to give the passengers a taste of cruising.

Have fun.

Where do we actually go on the 3 day sampler out of Sydney 7.5.10...do they still have all the activities and entertainment on board as they do on longer cruises???

You just go out to sea, cruise around and then head back. And I agree with the previous poster, it's all about giving you a taste of what a longer cruise is like.

Being on the Pacific Jewel, it should have the same activities as usual. The only thing is I've heard some say service on P&O can be a bit lacking on the short ones... but that's no reason not to give it a go!

I have read that here. However, we have been on a two-night cruise on two occasions and can't say we noticed any difference to the usual level of service.

We did remark that the days were jam-packed with activities as the cruise staff tried to fit everything in.

We did a 3 night Comedy Cruise in February and there was plenty of Entertainment and the service was top notch I thought.

It had the effect that we booked 3 more Cruises for the next 12 months.

• 3 months later...

We went on a 3 night Sampler on the Dawn out of Sydney about this time last year. we had never cruised before and took it to see if we would like it. Well, we did! In fact we liked it so much we booked our next cruise before we had even left the ship!

There was heaps to do each day. The newsletter was popped under your door each night statign all the excitign things that would be available the next day. We hardly could fit it all in!!!

The kids clubs were open too. Unfortunately our little girl was not old enough yet to be left alone, but she could go as long as we accompanied her, so we took turns. Fortunately this time she will be old enough so there will plenty of time for just us :D

After departing Sydney on Friay night we headed north and basically got about as far North as Brisbane, then turned around and came back. Not much to see, except sea ;) and lots of whales. We were fortunate to be up in the dome at about Midday when a whale breached right in front of the ship. We saw it before the Captain who was giving a talk over the PA at the time. Later he gave a very informative talk about the ship in the auditorium. There was also a free beer tasting. Hubby and I both won treatments at the spa which was AWESOME!!!

We felt like we'd had a week long break we packed so much into our 3 nights. I would definately recommend it. :)

Hi Pinkbutterflygirl :)

I'm on the same cruise as you :D Sorry just had to say it coz you're the first person I've seen on cruise critic that's going on the same cruise!!! Everyone else seems to be on the one before it!!

Anyway 68 days left to go :D

How is this for luck...my son & daughter in law booked a 4 day wine & lifestyle cruise, we booked the comedy cruise. As it is their first cruise they did not want us on the same cruise. Well, they have won the 3 day comedy cruise so will end up with us anyway!!! Talk about luck.

Haha yep thats very funny,but lucky them for winning it hey:)

We can't wait for our turn lol only 190 days to go:D

It has been sooooo long since my B2B cruise and this will be the first cruise for my new boyfriend,so i'm really excited to share a cruise with him, as i had to do my first ever cruise alone.

Cheers Sue & Andy

Haha yep thats very funny,but lucky them for winning it hey:)

We can't wait for our turn lol only 190 days to go:D

It has been sooooo long since my B2B cruise and this will be the first cruise for my new boyfriend,so i'm really excited to share a cruise with him, as i had to do my first ever cruise alone.

Cheers Sue & Andy

I'm sure you will thoroughly enjoy your cruise. Make the most of it.

The days all seem to drag until the last month and then, all of a sudden, it's your turn.

Hey Maxx I see that Comedy cruise your going on the Pacific Sun 26 Aug 2010 - 29 Aug 2010:

Enjoy a short break full of laughter and good times on this three day Comedy themed cruise. There is an amazing array of special guest comedians, activities and events designed especially to leave you in stiches. The 'Comedy Wave' Gala Event features a first class line-up of comedians. You can also enjoy our regular adults-only Sit Down Comedy Club. During the day comedy 'street' performers will put a smile on your face as you relax on a deck chair. you are going on has some very cheap inside cabins available for $299pp twin (less than $100 per day).

I'm trying to get DW to take the Thu and Fri off so we can go too. I mean where can you get 3 nights acomm, your transport, entertainment and all meals for $600 for a weekend for 2 people anywhere.

Hey Maxx I see that Comedy cruise your going on the Pacific Sun 26 Aug 2010 - 29 Aug 2010:

Enjoy a short break full of laughter and good times on this three day Comedy themed cruise. There is an amazing array of special guest comedians, activities and events designed especially to leave you in stiches. The 'Comedy Wave' Gala Event features a first class line-up of comedians. You can also enjoy our regular adults-only Sit Down Comedy Club. During the day comedy 'street' performers will put a smile on your face as you relax on a deck chair. you are going on has some very cheap inside cabins available for $299pp twin (less than $100 per day).

I'm trying to get DW to take the Thu and Fri off so we can go too. I mean where can you get 3 nights acomm, your transport, entertainment and all meals for $600 for a weekend for 2 people anywhere.

Good luck. you are absolutely right, what a cheap weekend. We were on a cruise some time back with a guest comedian, Mick Meredith, he was so funny. My hubby is looking forward to the short break away from work, me too.

Hope you make it on board.

Archived