Live From The Sun!

cruiserforlife

I don't mean to be offensive - but - what is it that keeps this thread going? I'm sure the OP is not still aboard the ship - is he/she? - he/she started this "live" post on Jan 28th.

Ron

Ron,

Here I am...I would have responded earlier but I didn't understand what you were saying.

I think the reason why this thread is so successful is because everyone wants to keep it rolling!Those who are getting ready to sail the Sun are all tuned in in anticipation which keeps all of us who have returned in "cruise mode" just a bit longer.

All I can say is I wish this thread existed before we sailed the Sun back on 1/28 because I would have been on it then!

I could be wrong but I think it's gotten more hits than any other thread on this board.

With everyone's participation,I see no reason it'll go on forever...:rolleyes:

Don't let anyone stop this thread!

I was on the 1/28 cruise with CFL and I glad this thread has taken on a life of its own. I check in frequently and I think it is a great source for cruisers anticipating their vacation on the Sun. Keep it Going!!

David

Well - we love the Sun princess - we have a 10 day booked for Oct 19 - this will be our 5th time on the Sun - I think.

Ron

Ron,

With 5 cruises on the Sun,you must love her!

You'll be "on the clock" as they say when you sail...will you post "Live"?

You know what they say,the next best thing to cruising is talking about or planning an upcoming one!:rolleyes:

Don't let anyone stop this thread!

I was on the 1/28 cruise with CFL and I glad this thread has taken on a life of its own. I check in frequently and I think it is a great source for cruisers anticipating their vacation on the Sun. Keep it Going!!

David

Hey David,

Nice to hear from you...when are you going again?

HI Everyone!

Coral wanted me to post here that everything is going quite well this week on the Sun. Only problem she is having is the internet is basically non-existent. She called me this afternoon from Skagway to rub it in that the sun was shining and she is having a great time. So happy that all is going well. Seems like the ship is having no problems this week with Norwalk like they did last week. Said the tour they were given in Whittier for those doing the B2B was very, very good and she got sunburned. Today they got the salt and pepper shakers back on the tables in the dining room, but still handing out rolls. So it appears they are taking baby steps in the hopes that the ship sails back to Vancouver healthy. Anyway, she says it is a great cruise and she will post as soon as they have the internet again. Glad she is having a good second week.

Susan

Just after we left Skagway the Internet was suddenly up and running without any hiccups .............HOORAY .........at last we have internet as it should be ......shame Princess did not fix it during the previous 8 weeks its been an apparent joke

Hulagirl,

Thanks for posting for Coral... sounds like they must have really cleaned it from top to bottom during that turnover day. Glad to hear that Princess knows how to get things under control (not that I didn't already feel that way:))

I have really appreciated this thread as I still have to wait so long for our cruise on the Sun (39 weeks!!!) I only hope this thread is up and still running next February for me to be able to post LIVE since I will have finally reached Platinum and will be able to have free internet for the first time!!!! That's a challenge for all of you Sun-lovers...

Finally - the internet is working! I have spoken with several people onboard and the internet really hasn't worked well since the ship left the Caribbean.

Today is Juneau - excited about my whale watching plans! Weather has been excellent so far for this week. I spent the first 3 days on deck of either this ship or a small boat and have a good sunburn on my face. The sun has been out in full force. We had some rain late in Skagway last night but during the day, the weather was fantastic.

Ship update - I called Hulagirl yesterday and am glad she posted.

The ship is still taking several precautions because of the norovirus last week. We are stilll encouraged to use the bathrooms in our cabin, the staff is still serving us rolls and butter but salt and pepper shakers have returned to some tables, the crew is not as stressed as they were the previous week and the paper dessert menus are gone. We are still required to use the hand santizers in the dining room, pizzeria and horizon court and truthfully, I think this is a good idea and that they should continue this. Service is the dining room has increased drastically and it seems like things are going very well.

A friend spoke to the Captain Circle host and they indicated that they are going to review the status of the precautions today in Juneau and things may return to "normal" today. I spoke to another person who was on the ship last week and I can't remember who they spoke to but this person indicated there have been no incidents of norovirus this week on the ship. As a passenger, I have not seen any evidence of people sick this week like I did last week - so this is all encouraging.

Having a great time on the ship this week and so far, the weather has been fantastic! Hoping the next two days are great!

Theresa

We leave tomorrow for a work on a land independent tour and then on the Sun 5-30, sounds like we timed it right.....keep that weather the same....we are in Florida and have a 14+ hour travel time, with connections....we get there 845p tomorrow night and it will be 1am in Forida and we started at 10a...it is better to do this long flight going out, then coming back, coming back we are only 9 hours.....I am watching the web cams alot

Marlene

We leave tomorrow for a work on a land independent tour and then on the Sun 5-30, sounds like we timed it right.....keep that weather the same....we are in Florida and have a 14+ hour travel time, with connections....we get there 845p tomorrow night and it will be 1am in Forida and we started at 10a...it is better to do this long flight going out, then coming back, coming back we are only 9 hours.....I am watching the web cams alot

Marlene

Marlene, we will be on your sailing as you know, when you come aboard in Whittier, at sailaway we will probably be around the Riveria Bar outside and come join us if you like. I hope you a wonderful time in your land cruising of Alaska and look forward to seeing you on the ship. Also I can give you the low down on the previous week!

Safe journey and have fun:

Carol and Norm

Coral,

You are so kind to have your friend post for you to keep us informed.Sorry to hear about your 'net problems,we had a few times where it was no working properly but nothing like you experienced.

So glad to hear things are improving with the virus and that things are somewhat getting back to normal.I too think the hand sanitizers will be a permanent fixture in the HC and really,how can that be a bad thing?I don't think however,that you'll see them in the dining rooms as soon as things return to normal.I think Princess would rather not have them there if it's avoidable.

Have a great remainder of your cruise and once again,thanks for keeping us updated.

WASUP,

I'm jealous!!:( Wish I was there with you.Coral's got everything under control for you on the Sun and it should be just perfect for your sailing.

enymarsh,

39 weeks isn't so long...not with this thread is it?I wish it was up and running before our cruise because it certainly would have made the time fly.Look at it this way...it's almost like you're already sailing and with all the knowledge on these boards,you can get answers from past & present cruisers...especially those posting..."LIVE!"

I was just wondering for those that have been on the Sun. What is your favorite spot for just relaxing or enjoying the few. Any secrect spots??

Good question...one where hopefully you'll get many different answers.

I always like to hang out on the Promanade deck aft to smoke a nice cigar and meet some interesting people or the aft area of the Riveria deck to watch the sunset with my sweetie.

Inside the ship,don't miss the Wheelhouse Bar which is a perfect place to relax and enjoy a drink before dinner or after the show.Very comfortable "clubby" type chairs with dark paneled wood gives it a real "homey" feel.

It's one of our most favorite places on any Princess ship.

Coral,

Great to hear that you are well, that things are getting back to normal and that you are having good weather. It was nice meeting you on deck at College Fjord. Hope that you were able to take some good pictures at Glacier Bay, considering the weather there last week. And, hope that everything goes well for the remainder of your sailing!

Hey there Theresa (Coral)-so happy you did not get the virus and that you are having a great cruise! It's nice that the weather is cooperating! Let me know when you get back. I'll be in your area June 10 and I hope we can have a lunch together. Have a safe trip home.

Diane

Ketchikan today -

Hi - Internet seems to be working now consistently from the ship! We just docked in Ketchikan and it was just announced that we can go aboard. There are 2 other ships in dock today - one being the Regal I believe.

Things are going well on the ship! Up until yesterday - the ship was "operating in Code Red" which basically meant all precautions were taken. In Juneau (yesterday), they lifted the Code Red status. If you were a new passenger on the ship this week - the only thing you would have noticed would have been the extra santizers, and the rolls and butter being served directly to you plus in the Horizon Court - food was directly served to you. Now that the code has been lifted, it will be interesting to see if any changes occur. IF they don't - that would be fine also. Except for a few things - this has turned into a pretty normal cruise (compared to last week). The staff is back to having fun and are much more relaxed on the ship.

Everyone seems to be having a good time on the cruise. What I haven't said which needs to be said is that the ship is in excellent condition and looks great. This week has been excellent weather wise (except for a few showers today in Ketchikan) and we are all having a great time on the cruise.

If anyone is sailing on the Sun this summer - you will have a great time! This is a great ship with great entertainment. Trevor is the CD and is doing a great job. The singers and dancers are some of the best I have seen.

Off to Ketchikan!

Coral,

Glad things are going smoothly and that you are out of "Code Red".

It obviously strains the staff when these things happen and it just becomes a vicious cycle when the guests are upset and not very friendly to the staff.If the weather is warm and everyone is healthy,it seems everyone is in a good mood which makes for a much more relaxing time.

The Sun is in remarkable shape for a vessel that is over 10 years old and has seen many thousands of guests.Kudos to Princess and it's staff for keeping her pristine.

Enjoy the day and check back again.

CFL

Archived