Evening dress attire on the Summit

mbcruisers

People only quote the pages that they like. Why would anyone look under the main topic of Proper Dining Attire? LOL It's more fun to just keep ignoring the facts.

Hi Ma

Its like Celebrity has a web page for everyone.....Thus all the confusion....I just wish they would get consistent with their web pages and the dailies on board....

never realized X had one page that said "no jeans after 6" & one that never mentioned jeans... like to follow the rules & not mess with people who book with X because they like the dress code... wish X would get consistent with the info they provide... I quoted X's other dress code page regarding jeans on another thread...please disregard...never cross checked X's own policies, tend to stick to the FAQ section

What is the difference between pants and jeans? Nowhere on the site can I find that jeans are not "allowed" in the MDR in the evenings. I had phone my international agent to ask about this, but I don't recall her telling me that jeans were not considered proper attire. I suppose if they're clean and have no holes that even with a "dressy shirt" or polo, jeans would be allowed.

What is the difference between pants and jeans? Nowhere on the site can I find that jeans are not "allowed" in the MDR in the evenings. I had phone my international agent to ask about this, but I don't recall her telling me that jeans were not considered proper attire. I suppose if they're clean and have no holes that even with a "dressy shirt" or polo, jeans would be allowed.

I supplied this in an earlier post but here goes again. Below is a paragraph out of Celebrity's Main Page on dress codes.

Before Six

Dining options abound aboard Celebrity. For breakfast and lunch, jeans, shorts and casual daywear are allowed in all dining venues before 6:00pm. After 6:00pm, this attire is allowed only in casual restaurants and cafés.

Again, not giving an opinion only supplying an answer to the question.....

Below is the link to the paragraph quoted...

http://www.celebritycruises.com/whyceleb/heroSingleTxtSub.do;jsessionid=0000w4i49bpa6pnDzixnnsV08fw:12hdebebp?pagename=proper_dining_attire&cS=SIDENAV

OOOH! THEM'S Fightin' Words!!

Did you NOT read dkretired's attachment!

What is the difference between pants and jeans? (Just Stop it, will you! It's like 'liberal' and 'conservative' - you know it when you see it - or smell it!)

But this issue of 'conservative port attire' intrigues me, and its likely to get messy for those embarking or disembarking in Florida this year. With Gov. Crist running for the U.S. Senate as an independant, warbdrobe politics is going to get mighty confusing...:D

What is the ideology of the classic button down 'Hawaiian' shirt? Oh God! I need a vacation... But is it MY vacation, or is it a 'well regulated militia' vacation like in the Second Amendment to the US Constitution?? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!;):D;)

You will need three types of clothing on your Celebrity cruise: casual shipboard attire or day wear, conservative port wear and eveningwear.

Daywear includes slacks or pants, blouses or shirts, knit tops or polo shirts. Bring a pair of sneakers or rubber-soled shoes for deck sports and a swimsuit cover-up for cool areas on the ship.

Port wear for women includes a casual dress, skirt and blouse, or pants outfit; for men, casual pants or walking shorts, and polo-type shirts. Comfortable walking shoes are a must.

This must have been written in the 1800's! Women wear shorts( all lengths) for "daywear" on the ship. To ignore that is a laugh.

"Port wear" is even funnier. A dress or skirt at the ports???:eek: Unless you are visiting a church in SOME ports, (where out of respect ladies wear anything knee length and coverings over bare shoulders), shorts are worn all the time. Give me a break. :D

"Pantsuit" for formal night? Would have to go to a retro resale store to find a "pantsuit". Yikes.

X needs to "freshen up" their descriptions of clothing guidelines.;)

This must have been written in the 1800's! Women wear shorts( all lengths) for "daywear" on the ship. To ignore that is a laugh.

"Port wear" is even funnier. A dress or skirt at the ports???:eek: Unless you are visiting a church in SOME ports, (where out of respect ladies wear anything knee length and coverings over bare shoulders), shorts are worn all the time. Give me a break. :D

"Pantsuit" for formal night? Would have to go to a retro resale store to find a "pantsuit". Yikes.

X needs to "freshen up" their descriptions of clothing guidelines.;)

I agree, I always thought the port wear section came out of older traditions in very British Bermuda as cruise lines used to go there regularly before Caribbean cruising became real popular....

lets seeing....can't wear nice khaki shorts / dress shorts in the MDR - but that is the attire when you go golfing - but you can't wear Jeans golfing, but you can wear nice jeans on the cruise....? haha! WHen I booked this cruise - I honestly forgot that X was a little more stylish - hubby might be upset - he was use to wearing his dress shorts for less formal nights on RCCL......he does wear a tux for formal nights - but he does like to be comfy in his shorts.......and SANDALS (open toe!)....

Get him a pair of light weight pants and he'll be fine. :D

I'm afraid you just don't realize what it's like to be married to a "shorts man". My DH wears a suits to work every day, and brings a tux for cruises. He also wears appropriate clothes to the dining room on smart casual evenings, but he WANTS to be in his shorts all the time on vacation. I swear he breathes through his knees.

Some nights he fakes being under the weather, but I know it's just because he wants to stay in shorts. He wears nice dress shots and nice collared shirts during the day, so it's not as if he looks scruffy. We did go to the "casual dining boulevard" with him dressed in his shorts one evening, and no one seemed to look askance at him. He was very, very happy, I must say.

I'm afraid you just don't realize what it's like to be married to a "shorts man". My DH wears a suits to work every day, and brings a tux for cruises. He also wears appropriate clothes to the dining room on smart casual evenings, but he WANTS to be in his shorts all the time on vacation. I swear he breathes through his knees.

Some nights he fakes being under the weather, but I know it's just because he wants to stay in shorts. He wears nice dress shots and nice collared shirts during the day, so it's not as if he looks scruffy. We did go to the "casual dining boulevard" with him dressed in his shorts one evening, and no one seemed to look askance at him. He was very, very happy, I must say.

Your DH is going to be seriously challenged on an early/late season Alaska cruise... or North Cape...

I know... I've seen those guys that wear three layers of fleece and knit hat on top... and shorts (snow melting)!! They get to fall in love too?! Man - I've been in Florida too long... Mercury drops below 70, I'm in jeans and a sweater!

I'm guilty of wearing jeans in the MDR on many occassions. Depending on where we are embarking and when, I often go for dressier, colored jeans or cords with blouse and sweater. In the Caribbean, yes, some of us do not think it's too cold, after a trip to towns for late lunches then hang out in a sunny lounge reading until dinner -- I'll stay in my white Chico white's but maybe swap the T-shirt to a breezy blouse. And on our next cruise I know, having been to Canada many times, I will not have time to change between ports and dinner especially with the free martini before dinner. I try to keep up with the pace of the ship but changing 3 times a day with a disability is not easy or quick. I do dress for formal nights.

If they want to turn me back from the MDR then I suggest they read the following (the last 2 sentences about ship to shore) and see how many years it's been on their web site and none have been retrofitted yet. Yea, someone at X needs to match up all those pages and their FAQs and hire a real IT type and proofreader to put them back together.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/whyceleb/heroSingleTxt.do;jsessionid=0000bzzc9mNVEXDEuW3eUnyNr_M:12hdebebp?pagename=assistance_and_accomodations

Archived