Review of Half Moon Cay (cabana video & pics etc)

lilylight

Attached are a few pics. It was the best day ever! And worth every cent. The bar was stocked with bloody mary's, yellowbirds, rum punch, bahama mama's, red & white wine, and a couple of different beers.

When we arrived the crew was already there: 2 chefs, a bartender, a hostess and an extra guy who brought drinks to you if you were in the hot tub or outside lounge area.

On the bar, waiting for us was fruit, cookies, brownies, chips & salsa, veggies & dips. At lunch the chef cooked: burgers (only well-done darn it :mad:), hot dogs, chicken & tilapia. There was also potato salad & regular salad.

They supplied the towels, you don't have to bring any. The only hiccup in the perfect day was that we mistakenly assumed a masseuse was part of the package, but she is not. If you want massage you have to make arrangements with the spa BEFORE you get to HMC, cost $89/pp. We would have done that if we had known, but we didn't. :(. They were offering massages up the beach, but they wouldn't send someone to the Private Oasis because it would have left them "short" at their massage station up the beach.

Have a great time at HMC!

[ATTACH]155207[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]155208[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]155209[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]155210[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]155211[/ATTACH]

Thanks for the great information. We will be there two weeks from today.

Attached are a few pics. It was the best day ever! And worth every cent. The bar was stocked with bloody mary's, yellowbirds, rum punch, bahama mama's, red & white wine, and a couple of different beers.

When we arrived the crew was already there: 2 chefs, a bartender, a hostess and an extra guy who brought drinks to you if you were in the hot tub or outside lounge area.

On the bar, waiting for us was fruit, cookies, brownies, chips & salsa, veggies & dips. At lunch the chef cooked: burgers (only well-done darn it :mad:), hot dogs, chicken & tilapia. There was also potato salad & regular salad.

They supplied the towels, you don't have to bring any. The only hiccup in the perfect day was that we mistakenly assumed a masseuse was part of the package, but she is not. If you want massage you have to make arrangements with the spa BEFORE you get to HMC, cost $89/pp. We would have done that if we had known, but we didn't. :(. They were offering massages up the beach, but they wouldn't send someone to the Private Oasis because it would have left them "short" at their massage station up the beach.

Have a great time at HMC!

[ATTACH]155207[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]155208[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]155209[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]155210[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]155211[/ATTACH]

How many folks were in your group? Was it just the 12 or did you have an extra person?

You're making me jealous. I've got to wait until 2012, as next years trip is not stopping at HMC.

Sorry to hear that you have to wait so long. I have heard and read that this is the most beautiful place ever.

I so want to do this! I don't have any takers on the roll call yet though.. Still have 3 months so maybe some new people will join the roll call that would like to do it. There are 5 in my party so we only need 7 more!:(

When are you going and how much is per person?

How many folks were in your group? Was it just the 12 or did you have an extra person?

Thanks for the info...ditto on the question. Did you have more than 12 people? If so, did you tell the ship and pay for them? I've heard some people have problems with random folks swigning through during the day - how is that prevented? Do folks have wristbands or something to identify they belong there?

thanks again for the info!

Kristin

Edited by Kristin1112

Sorry to hear that you have to wait so long. I have heard and read that this is the most beautiful place ever.

You'll wish you could stay forever. Looking forward to hearing your review upon your return.

When are you going and how much is per person?

Except we are cruising on the Liberty, August 21st:(. We already have 5 in our group so hoping for more.. But it's about $100 per person but includes EVERYTHING, food, drinks, private chef & butler.. I really want to do it!

Edited by Litewait

Hi (sorry for the late response...I'm swamped at work since I got back). In our group we had 12 adults & one 4-year old. The shore excursion desk said 12 is the limit but was OK with the 4 yr old thank goodness! But we invited some of our other CC friends to "stop by" during the day.

And...never give up hope of getting a group together. We weren't officially a group until a few days before we sailed.

Anyone know where the bars/places to buy drinks are in comparison to the cabana numbers? :D

Here is a pic of the main bar:

11snk9c.jpg

Also looks like there is another bar up behind the cabanas by the dining hall according to island map posted by hill6.

Here is a pic of the main bar:

11snk9c.jpg

Also looks like there is another bar up behind the cabanas by the dining hall according to island map posted by hill6.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isnt that the "Private Oasis" you've marked as the bar? If so, that's not open to everyone.

No, the Private Oasis is on the peninsula, that is the north side of the channel that the tenders come in to. That end of the peninsula may be what is in the immediate foreground of the pic, but not sure. The Private Oasis is directly on, actually just above the water- it has a short water slide. The building indicated as a bar is inland a ways.

For carly chloe, from the angle of the pics, the dining area is behind cabanas 4 and 5, roughly.

Edited by CruiserBruce

No, that is the "I wish I could stay here forever" bar. The Private Oasis is not directly on the sand like the rest of the cabanas. Looking at this picture you would keep walking to the right past the waterslide area and then you would come to the private oasis. You get to Oasis by walking up a ramp.

11snk9c.jpg

In this pic you can see the ramp past the water area that leads up to the oasis

IMG_4342.jpg

And in this pic you can see how the private oasis is not directly on the sand

IMG_4338.jpg

Can you point out where he dining hall is on one of your pics?

There is a staircase directly behind the orange cabana #4. If you could walk directly back from that staircase you would be at the Food Pavilion.

However, there are winding pathways leading to the various bars and eating areas, so it's not a straight line to the food pavilion.

Do you need to bring your own beach towels to the island..I believe the answer is yes..but want to verify..

thanks. TT

If you have rented a cabana, towels are provided.

If not, plan on bringing one from the ship.

• 2 weeks later...
What kind of music do they play? And can you request no oranges? My family wouldn't eat any of them.

We couldnt hear the music from our cabana (#10) but when we walked up the beach to get food and go to kiddie area they had the 2 man group Island Fever who were on the cruise doing the music. From what I heard it was carribean music, not sure if it was like that all day.

Not sure about the oranges. Wouldn't hurt to ask, doesnt seem like it would be too much trouble for them to switch out the oranges for something else you'd prefer. We didnt end up eating the oranges either.

My wedding party (17 of us total) were fortunate enough to get the Private Oasis cabana on 05/16. Hands down, well well worth the money! We had an amazing time...the view was to die for...and it was so nice to have the entire thing to ourselves. Everyone in our group mentioned that it was by far an amazing experience and they would all do it again in a heartbeat.

232323232%7Ffp9%3B3%3Enu%3D3242%3E%3B35%3E958%3EWSNRCG%3D3376664958339nu0mrj

View of the rest of HMC from the Cabana...

232323232%7Ffp9%3A8%3Enu%3D3242%3E%3B35%3E958%3EWSNRCG%3D337666%3A237339nu0mrj

Everyone on the Oasis staff from the bartender to the cooks and the maintenance/housekeeping folks were attentive to our every need - there was someone there just to sweep up the sand from the cabana floor, every time someone walked in. They also went into the bathrooms every time someone came out to make sure it was pristine. There was nothing out of place or dirty, and the service was stellar.

232323232%7Ffp9%3A%3A%3Enu%3D3242%3E%3B35%3E958%3EWSNRCG%3D3376664956339nu0mrj

Of course we had alcohol galore too (mixed drinks, tropical fun drinks, beer...you name it). The food was delicious as well - and so much more than we could even think about eating! We had hamburgers, fish & bbq chicken, fresh fruit, tons of different salads, enough guacamole to feed a small nation and a platter of cookies/brownies etc.

232323232%7Ffp%3A93%3Enu%3D3242%3E%3B35%3E958%3EWSNRCG%3D3376664955339nu0mrj

The tender process was smooth, and it's a very short walk through the sand to the cabana once you get there. They have tons of towels there at the cabana, no need to bring yours from the ship. The fee includes all the food and drink you want, towels, private bathrooms (2 of them), private shower, changing room, hammock, lounge chairs both in and out of the sun, 2 large clamshells, hot tub (comfortably seats about 7 people), snorkel equipment, floats, massage table (masseuse extra), and water slide. They also had an ipod docking station and they had an ipod already hooked up and playing when we got there...Oh, and let's not forget the PRIVACY!

232323232%7Ffp997%3Enu%3D3242%3E%3B35%3E958%3EWSNRCG%3D337666%3B%3B73339nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp9%3B3%3Enu%3D3242%3E%3B35%3E958%3EWSNRCG%3D337666%3B%3B68339nu0mrj

The bar with the grilling area behind it.

We did pay for 3 extra people, but Carnival comped mine and my (new) husband's fees. Not sure if you really have to pay the extra person charges, but they did hand us tender tickets based on the number of people. Suppose other folks could take another tender and just meet up with you there - not sure really how they know who should be there and who shouldnt, they dont give you wristbands or anything. They did ask for our pop flavor preferences and flipper sizes when we booked. I ordered flippers for everyone, but only 2 out of our group used them - we were having too much fun doing everything else!!

Bottom line...dont hesitate to book the Oasis if you can...it was by far an amazing experience!

Questions? Just ask...

Edited by Kristin1112