SAS gets an Excellent Rating!

cruisekwazee

Thanks for the info on SAS - we are using them next weekend. Did you use them for return from port to airport also? Hoping they use a van and not a bus for return.

Pam in KY

Yes we used them for both ways. They do use a Van. Hope all goes well for you.:)

• 2 weeks later...

I agree SAS is the best. I just told them what time I wanted to be picked up (because I wanted to be the last one off the ship), but I also called them as we were coming off the ship just to make sure and they were already on their way and were there in 5 minutes.

Here's their rates (same both ways):

Fort Lauderdale Airport to/from the Port of Miami *

1-3 passengers is $15 per person4+ passengers is $13 per personChildren 11 and under are $10 eachInfants do not get charged Here's their website:http://www.ridesas.com/html/rates.html

I used SAS to get from POM to FLL. I called the phone number as soon as we picked up our luggage, and then headed out to try to find the van. We were told to go wait for the driver & he would be there in just a few minutes. It was a little confusing because there didn't seem to be any specific place to wait, just hordes of people with suitcases & so many shuttles coming & going. We finally saw the van pull up & dragged our luggage through the crowd to get to it. By the time we got there, the van was full - there was a large party with at least 6 people and then a few more with either 1 or 2 riders. The driver said we would have to take the next van.

They pulled off, and then next thing I knew the van stopped & the people were yelling for us to get on, because they were taking us anyhow. Apparently there was some traffic jam on the freeway that made it necessary to change plans & have us get on the shuttle ASAP. So we ended up dragging our luggage back up through the throng of people & suitcases - pretty much ending up back at the point from which we started.

The van was so packed we were stuffed in like sardines. I am sure this sounds like a lot of complaining, but I am grateful they were concerned for us getting to the airport in a timely manner. It is a great service for the price, and my impression of the company was they were professional and responsible. Just perhaps too popular, and if there is a large group that fills up the van, there may or may not be room left for smaller groups of 1 or 2.

SAS dropped the ball, big time, when told us that they could take us to a hotel they had an arrangement with after our cruise, and seven hours before our flight. Well, it didn't happen. We ended up spending seven hours at the airport. We had even e-mailed them to confirm our plans before we left, and they never responded. Find someone else for your shuttle needs.

Archived