April 17 - 24th, my observations

I just want to give you our experience with taking water on the Oasis (April 3 sailing). We bought a case from the local Publix Market (the kind that is partially shrink wrapped). We taped one of our extra cruise luggage tags on the top and wrapped the sides with pink duct tape (that we bought at Target) so the bottles would not pop out. It was very obvious it was a case of water. The porter gave me a thumbs up when he saw how I had labeled and wrapped the case and it showed up in our cabin with our luggage.

One other thing, I haven't seen anyone talk about the salt at 150 Central Park. When our waiter brought the bread to the table he opened a white container, that was already sitting on the table, that had six different salts from all over the world. He explained we should put a little on a piece of bread and told us where each was from and how it was made. It was a very unique experience and we were able to compare what each tasted like and which we enjoyed the most.

• 3 weeks later...
you had 10329, would being one deck higher be better? we have a chance to book either one? any advantages or disadavantages of one over the other?

Jimbo:)

I think either would be fine. I picked 10 because I figured that way we could use the stairs to run down to 5, 6 and 8 and up to 14 and 15 easily and not have to use the elevators too much. I figured 10 was right in the middle and it worked out perfectly. You're going to love it and if you do pick 10 you will LOVE Henry, your room steward if he's still there. I think he was leaving in a few months.

I think either would be fine. I picked 10 because I figured that way we could use the stairs to run down to 5, 6 and 8 and up to 14 and 15 easily and not have to use the elevators too much. I figured 10 was right in the middle and it worked out perfectly. You're going to love it and if you do pick 10 you will LOVE Henry, your room steward if he's still there. I think he was leaving in a few months.

I like your reasoning, thanks for the help.

Jimbo:)

was there a stair at the end of the hallway there or did you have to use the main steps. i have been wondering that.

Nope, you have to use the main stairway. It is a little walk since you're all the way at the end but it helps get rid of all those extra calories you'll be consuming. It wasn't bad at all. I'm going to book this exact room on the Allure and the one across the hall from it for an outside balcony since our son will be joining us. That way we can have the best of both worlds.

We were in 10329 the week after you!!!! We loved Henry! Our best cabin steward ever!:)

Archived