Shrimp cocktail

Ask for it everynight,

they will bring it!

Ask for a cheese and fruit tray to be brought out every night to table for everyone as first course and they will do it!

Don't be bashful.

Just arrange for it,

so as not to interrupt their duties in serving everyone

at the tables around you.

Thanks for the heads up on the shrimp cocktail, I usually order it everyday when on a Princess cruise, I remember on our HAL cruise , my son ordered even from room service. I will take the advice from SSB and ask the waiter for it.

I hate asking for something above and beyond......But I will give it a whirl......or get the wife to do it for me!!!

Haha! I'm the same way when it comes to asking for extras and sometimes throwing my wife under the bus for them.

After cruising with some other friends and family members who aren't quite as bashful when it comes to asking for such things, I became much more comfortable with asking waiters on RCI for something off of that day's menu.

On one cruise it seemed like my wife's uncle wanted something off of the menu from 2 days prior on every night. Even though our uncle isn't the most polite or understanding person, our waiter and head waiter happily complied with every request he made.

Put a smile on your face and politely ask your waiter (or better yet, head waiter, as John Henry advises) for anything reasonable, and you're 99% likely to get it!

It has been my experience the shrimp cocktail is served on the first formal evening on a seven night cruise. Should that still be the case, my "game plan" will be to ask the Head Waiter if it is possible to have the shrimp cocktail EVERY evening the remainder of the cruise. Only once have I not gotten what I request and that was one I decided to try different items. They have ALWAYS accomodated my request.

Tim

Archived