help with ES

sweeper94

thought I had It down but not so sure now, booked for 7/5/10 on fascination, used ES was 549 when booked, pif already, now I see 539 on carnival site, using state of residence (NC) 3 of us are going dh,dd,myself spoke to ta but she says thats before taxes well so was what I paid to begin with am I entitled to obc? oh Im 6a and they seem to still be avail. Im so confused. thanks to all. We are first time cruisers.

I'd tell them to put it in, it is a lower price than what you paid, not sure what all the trouble is with TA's, glad I booked directly with carnival. Not sure if they lose commission or just more work for no money, but you are entitled to it. There are also reports of TA's charging $25 per transaction, check that out, if your agreement doesn't say that, I'd fight not to pay it.

In fact, you should get more than the $20 price difference for the two of you, you will also get the taxes saved paid back to you.

I'm having a similar problem. More than once I have found a less expensive rate on Carnival.com for my July 2, 2010 cruise. I send in my form and they deny my request telling me that lower rate never existed. I just sent in another request yesterday because I found the cruise $40 cheaper on Carnivals website I checked again about 5 min later and the price was back up- has anyone else experienced this? I'm beginning to think I am seeing things!!!!

My ta is out to lunch so I submitted it myself thru carnival website. Someone posted that they sent in theirs as well (they also used a ta) and they had no problem getting it so I guess we will see.

You are supposed to submit it yourself.

thought I had It down but not so sure now, booked for 7/5/10 on fascination, used ES was 549 when booked, pif already, now I see 539 on carnival site, using state of residence (NC) 3 of us are going dh,dd,myself spoke to ta but she says thats before taxes well so was what I paid to begin with am I entitled to obc? oh Im 6a and they seem to still be avail. Im so confused. thanks to all. We are first time cruisers.

The ES Price Drops do Not include Govt Fees & Taxes - they are based on Cruisefare only. You should be comparing the Cruisefare for your current ES Rate and the Cruisefare for the lower price. The Residence rate must be for the state you live in and for your same Cabin Category.

You mention 3 Passengers. The Price Drop is based on the same number of passengers, 3 in your case. You have to add the price drop for Passenger 1 + the price drop for passenger 2 to the price drop (or increase) for the 3rd passenger. Often, the PAX 1 and PAX 2 rate will drop, but the PAX 3 rate will increase.

ANYTIME you see a Price Drop, immediately get a ScreenShot (if you can't, at Least PRINT the screen so you can FAX a copy if needed).

ken

thanks ken did take a screen shot. yes I did look just for my state NC. the only thing is es is no longer showing but when i fake book its now coming up to 509.00 I put in the info for find a cruise,plus my state,then it shows me the cruise date and amt (ov) $509 but when i hit the details button it shows different price. cant figure it out but im sure i will. lol

thanks ken did take a screen shot. yes I did look just for my state NC. the only thing is es is no longer showing but when i fake book its now coming up to 509.00 I put in the info for find a cruise,plus my state,then it shows me the cruise date and amt (ov) $509 but when i hit the details button it shows different price. cant figure it out but im sure i will. lol

If you click thru and the price changes, its not the price for your state. Some people who search by date, found that glitch. Unfortunately they wouldnt honor it if you are hitting the same glitch others have. Iv seen at least 3 threads on it.

Try searching by the advanced search or click on ship, then iteneray and then doing the advanced search and see if your price is still lower.

thank you fire i tried and it still comes up the same. i think you maybe right about the glitch. it shows 509 but soon as i hit details its showing 609 and thats not even for es its for fun saver. oh well i tried. thanx again for your help.

Archived