Sleep Inn vs Comfort Inn

packedandready

Looking for a hotel for one night pre-cruise. Just looking for something clean and safe. Have found Sleep Inn in Dania and Comfort Inn Airport/Cruise South Port on Stirling Rd in Hollywood.

Anyone stayed in either one of these lately? Opinion???????

Have any idea about cab fare from either of these to the port?

Thanks for any information.

I had some dealings a few years ago with the Sleep in in Dania. I had made our reservation almost a year in advance so I called a week ahead of time to re-confirm and let them know we would be checking in late as our flight didn't arrive until 10pm or so. The gentleman I spoke with immediately informed me in a snippy tone that there would be no shuttle service that late and I'd be on my own to get there as they would not run shuttles after 10pm. Umm, ok, part of the reason we booked and the website didn't say that, but we'll get a cab and make the best of it.

Fast forward to the Friday night of our departure. Flights delayed, can't make connection, everything through the next day is booked. After some tense moments of thinking we'd miss the cruise the next day the airline finally finds us flights out the next morning. I call the Sleep Inn around 6pm as a courtesy to let them know we won't make it even though I know I'm past the cancellation cutoff. I used to work in a hotel and know how irritating no-shows could be. Instead of a "thanks for letting us know," the guy on the phone this time won't even let me get a full sentence out and as soon as I finally say that we won't be able to make it at all due to flight delays, starts to yell at me that I have to pay anyway no matter what and hangs up on me.

Anyway - just left a bad taste in my mouth customer service wise. I'll find another hotel next time I'm in FLL - I don't care how nice the place is. As a side note, travel insurance reimbursed me for the hotel charge since we never made it. And I was very thankful I had insurance when I thought we'd miss the ship and have to fly to Cozumel! Thankfully our flights the next morning got us there in time.

Looking for a hotel for one night pre-cruise. Just looking for something clean and safe. Have found Sleep Inn in Dania and Comfort Inn Airport/Cruise South Port on Stirling Rd in Hollywood.

Anyone stayed in either one of these lately? Opinion???????

Have any idea about cab fare from either of these to the port?

Thanks for any information.

Have stayed (Sleep Inn multiple times) at both and found the Sleep Inn to be a better choice. The free shuttle to port for both hotels worked out fine.

No need to book a year in advance.

Do check on any special events in FLL - we booked so early due to it being the big boat show weekend as soon as bookings opened for hotels many were already sold out and others very expensive.

We always book as early as we can because we have found the prices go up. Booked our March 2011 room a month ago.

As I monitor the prices, on a few occasions we have found the price dropped so we just cancelled and rebooked.

Happy cruising!

Thanks so much for your replies. Our cruise isn't until April '11, so should I go ahead and book this far out?

Book as early as possible. With South Florida there is always some huge convention or holiday going on.

Yes, book now.

I was looking at the Celebrity site and found 1 night pre-cruise rates for the Hilton FLL Marina for $159 and the Embassy for $161. Do these prices include taxes? If these prices are TOTAL, there is not a lot of difference between the prices for Sleep Inn and Comfort (and look to be better hotels).

I looked each one up and the rates were $225+. What are the pros and cons for booking hotel through Celebrity? Any experiences????

Archived