Fuel Surcharges

jessegirl88

Hi Everyone - If i am paid in full for our cruise in July and the fuel surcharge goes up do we pay additional fees for that eventhough we are paid in full?

Yes, the line reserves the right to impose the surcharge even on fares that have been paid in full. So far, it sounds like Carnival Corp. won't be levying the charges any time soon... even though oil is way above the $70/barrel threshold. Keep your fingers crossed. :)

Sorry but the answer is yes just like everyone else said. We were paid in full for our Alaska trip a couple of years ago and last minute they added it on. It really *issed me off but heck once I got on that ship I forgot all about it. :D

I have had two surcharges the last two cruises and both times Carnival/Princess has removed them. I think it is bad public relations for these companies to add more charges after final payment. Also, my bet is that most of them did the right thing this time and just increased prices going forward and will leave the already paid up customers alone. But you never know.

I have had two surcharges the last two cruises and both times Carnival/Princess has removed them. I think it is bad public relations for these companies to add more charges after final payment. Also, my bet is that most of them did the right thing this time and just increased prices going forward and will leave the already paid up customers alone. But you never know.

BUT, all passengers knew this when they booked. And each booking has this statement on it:

FUEL DISCLOSURE STATEMENT

Please be advised that Princess Cruises reserves the right to re-instate the

the fuel supplement for all passengers at up to USD $9 per person, per day if

the New York Mercantile Exchange Index oil price exceeds $70 per barrel.

Which totally covers their behind. ;)

BUT, all passengers knew this when they booked. And each booking has this statement on it:

FUEL DISCLOSURE STATEMENT

Please be advised that Princess Cruises reserves the right to re-instate the

the fuel supplement for all passengers at up to USD $9 per person, per day if

the New York Mercantile Exchange Index oil price exceeds $70 per barrel.

Which totally covers their behind. ;)

Legally, it covers their behind. Not so much on public relations. I am not going to whine and complain if they put that supplement in. I really think the increase in the price of cruises captures much of this hit they are taking on fuel costs, which haven't gone up much and are similar now to what they were in October.

What about adding it on if it goes up during the cruise?

If they follow the same guidelines they did last time, it had to take effect before your cruise. They did not add it to your account if they began charging it after you set sail.

What about adding it on if it goes up during the cruise?

If the fuel supplement is reinstated during a port day, you will either pay the charge or remain at the port.

If the fuel supplement is reinstated while at sea, a diving platform will be constructed on the Lido deck thus servicing those wishing a final meal.

Hi Everyone - If i am paid in full for our cruise in July and the fuel surcharge goes up do we pay additional fees for that eventhough we are paid in full?
Yes. As you've paid in full, if it's re-instated it'll show up as a charge on your onboard account. So far, only one small cruise company has re-instated it; not the larger, mass-market companies such as RCI or Carnival Corp. LLC. It's anyone's guess whether they will or not.

Archived