Tell me about Mr. Sanchos

poptart

at least I think I have the right name.

Anyone been? We don't want to do the all inclusive

Is there admission to use the beach and pool or just buy food and drink?

Is it near Paradise beach? What is right next door there?

Clean? fun? Good food? good drink?

We've been to Paradise Beach a couple of times. A++

We've been to Chankanaab and done the dolphins etc A+++

We've done the bar hop bus A+++++

Just looking for something different that would measure up to what we've already experienced.

thanks for all answers.

Went to Mr.Sanchos' about a year ago. Mainly went for the horseback riding. Nice short ride, very inexpensive. Beach is very similar to Paradise. Don't remember any water toys. Good service, no charge to go on the beach and use any chair not set up for all inclusive. Had drinks but no food so can't comment on that. People very nice.

We went to Mr Sanchos last Sept. Went online for an all inclusive rate of $40 (we had a group of 10). I think it's normally $49. But you don't have to commit to an all inclusive. You can just show up, use the facilities and drink or eat a la carte.

The A/I rate was all you could eat and drink, and it was outstanding. Great drinks, well presented food, and it just kept coming. Nice attentive wait staff too. A terrific day.

They had a small shops area, hammock, swimming pool, change rooms, ad a nice beach. Water sports were available, horseback riding too.

We'd go back......

We went to Mr Sanchos last Sept. Went online for an all inclusive rate of $40 (we had a group of 10). I think it's normally $49. But you don't have to commit to an all inclusive. You can just show up, use the facilities and drink or eat a la carte.

The A/I rate was all you could eat and drink, and it was outstanding. Great drinks, well presented food, and it just kept coming. Nice attentive wait staff too. A terrific day.

They had a small shops area, hammock, swimming pool, change rooms, ad a nice beach. Water sports were available, horseback riding too.

We'd go back......

thank you!!!

Is it near Paradise beach?

thank you!!!

Is it near Paradise beach?

Judging from most maps it appears to be fairly close.

Just a mile or two further down the road maybe?

I have booked the AI package for May 13...looking forward to it!

cozumel_map.jpg

We have been to Mr. Sanchos beach about 4 times and will be there again June 11th. We have always just paid for food and drinks a la carte, but we are thinking of doing the all inclusive this time because it includes unlimited use of the canoes, beverages including the full bar menu and the full resturant menu except shrimp and lobster dishes, for just $45.00. Also, they let you order almost any food or drink from the restuarant menu and they have a nice restaurant with good food. We started going to this beach back when it was a relative unknown. The first time we went there the taxi pulled up to the entrance and it was a trashy mess. But when we walked past the little straw market to the other side we saw a beautiful powder white sand beach. It was gorgeous. They have since put a lot of money into it and the entrance is very nice,with tropical birds, it has a nice little pool, clean restrooms, an area for massages, horseback riding, ATV , canoe, waverunner,and snorkel rentals (although this is not a good beach for snorkeling because it is is a soft sand beach not a rocky beach). It has absolutely everything you need for a relaxing or an adventurous day. The staff always treat you well. They have free lounge chairs and palapas and they will have free activities such as pinata breaking for the kids. It is a very inexpensive taxi ride from the pier. There is a taxi stand right across the street from the end of the pier. The taxi will drop you off at the entrance to the beach and whenever you are ready to go back you will find several taxis sitting outside of the entrance ready to zoom you back to the pier. It is so incredibley convenient, inexpensive and fun! I hope this info helps.

To either do the all-inclusive ($40-$49 for adults- how much for kids) or pay as we go for food, drink, and activities?

From folk's experience....which works out to be cheaper? We are average drinkers!:rolleyes:

My wife is sailing the Destiny with a group of friends/co-workers in July and the ship doesn't dock until 1:00pm (stays until 10:00pm). I'm thinking that's too late to bother with A/I, but may be worth the trip for 2-3 hours of "ala carte" enjoyment.

How late does Mr Sanchos stay open?

Will it be overcrowded (i.e no "free" chairs/umbrellas) that late in the day?

A little off topic....do the shops at the pier stay open late when there are ships in port late?

Andy

I know that Mr. Sanchos is open until at least 5:00. I think the all inclusive is a good deal if you plan on drinking a lot of alcohol, being at the beach for both lunch and dinner or plan on using the kayaks a long time. Otherwise, you will be just fine paying as you go. Their menu prices are reasonable and we have never spent a lot of money there. They have a lot of loungers and have never known them to run out of them. One thing to know is you can negotiate the price of the horseback riding and the ATVs. We talked them down on the horseback riding as far as $20.00 before and the ride was about 45 minutes through the "jungle" and along the beach. Don't agonize too much about the beach you go to in Cozumel because they are far more similar to each other than different and there is not one perfect choice. Mr. Sanchos is a good match for someone who wants a very beautiful, laid back, relatively uncrowded beach( they all are going to be crowded, but this one doesn't have cruise ship sponsored passengers), that is free to enter, has everything available in one spot and is very quick, easy and inexpensive to get to. It not a good beach is you are looking for a party beach or a beach that you can snorkle from the shore line. Any other specific questions, just let me know!

I too am debating whether to do the AI or not. We are not big drinkers. Anyone remembers the cost of the food if not AI and cost of soft drinks/water?

Also, what is the cost for banana boats or parasailing?

Finally, do they accept credit cards?

Thanks

My family went there last year....we did not do the all inclusive, mainly because we felt we were not going to consume enough food or drink to justify it. I remember the margaritas were in the $6-7 range and beer was $4ish and bottled water was $2......the best was the salsa (very fresh & very yummy) which came free with drinks (I think, or maybe $3)) and the mixed seafood ceviche ($14) was TO DIE FOR...I may go back on my Oasis cruise at the end of the month, just for that!!

ANyhow we figured with drinks & food we spent less than $140.(4 of us) the all inclusive is $45pp. Now if you drink & eat a lot then it may worth your while to go for the all inclusive.

The beach chairs & Palpuas (sp?) are free as is admission (at least last year). I recommend the place...we were there most of the afternoon and enjoyed the beach, the music and witnessed a wedding. GO & ENJOY!!

We also enjoyed Mr. Sancho's as a low key day at the beach last July. We opted not to do the all-inclusive, and were glad. The food and drink prices were reasonable, and the resort was not at all crowded while we were there. My 8 year old enjoyed the small pool, and my 13 year old enjoyed snorkling. They have rental snorkle equipment for a reasonable price, however the quality varies so make sure that you get a decent snorkle with the valve. The water while we were there was calm and pleasant, but there were very few fish as it is mostly a sandy bottom with very few rocks or reefs.

If you choose not to do the AI, the food prices are very reasonable. A couple bucks for a plate. We did the AI and will definitely do it again. The food was so good and the margaritas were to DIE for!! I wish I were there again.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone recall how long the taxi ride is from the pier to Mr. Sanchos and is it a bumpy ride? My mom recently had back surgery....so I just wanted to be prepared if so!

Thanks!

Does anyone recall how long the taxi ride is from the pier to Mr. Sanchos and is it a bumpy ride? My mom recently had back surgery....so I just wanted to be prepared if so!

Thanks!

It wasn't a long ride at all, maybe 10 minutes tops and the road was nice and smooth.

Be forewarned however; the cab drivers go FAST! :eek:

We have 5 teenage boys and 1 girl in our group (13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 17).

We have been planning on going to Paradise Beach, but Mr. Sanchos seems nice.

Is this a place that the teens would enjoy. They like alot of activity and would love to be around lots of other kids their age.

Someone said it was a laid-back beach (which I would love) but I'm not sure if the kids would.

Archived