Name That Ship #8

tahqa

Good morning everyone! I'm back from a wonderful cruise on the Liberty of the Seas and thought I'd try something a little bit different today.

This is a scan from Royal's cruise planner for Europe and there's something not quite right about the image. Can anyone identify what's wrong with this picture? :)

29326_1429672499288_1157109459_31235507_4379556_n.jpg

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=31235507&l=c1022774cc&id=1157109459

Indy does not have the "golf ball" starboard, forward. Also, the balcony glass goes all the way to the deck on Indy, it appears there's a space on this ship, hard to tell for sure in the photo.

The pinguinoos!

Are those Liberty's penguins?

Yup, the penguins are the problem. By all appearances the ship is Liberty of Seas with Indy's name on the side. I'm not sure why RCL would have photoshopped a pic of Liberty to be Independence, but that's what appears to have been done. :confused:

Yup, the penguins are the problem. By all appearances the ship is Liberty of Seas with Indy's name on the side. I'm not sure why RCL would have photoshopped a pic of Liberty to be Independence, but that's what appears to have been done. :confused:

The cruise lines do that a lot with the ships in their brochures and with the souvenirs. I even have a postcard with Noordam in the front and Westerdam in the middle.

Maybe they photoshopped penguins onto the bridge of Independence. :)

My guess would be that the first brochure pictures of Independence were published before it was actually complete and they just never changed them.

I don't know why they penguins are there, but they're pretty cool nonetheless. :)

P1020071.JPG

P1020074.JPG

The penguins are there because, after hijacking the ship taking the NYC Zoo animals to Africa, and diverting it to Antartica, they realized the weather there sucked. They decided to limit their future cruising to warm weather sailing cruise ships.

The other thing that's wrong with it is that I'm not on board :)

The penguins are there because, after hijacking the ship taking the NYC Zoo animals to Africa, and diverting it to Antartica, they realized the weather there sucked. They decided to limit their future cruising to warm weather sailing cruise ships.

Yes! I saw that documentary; "Madagascar", right?

No wonder I never saw them. I would've had to go to the Ship Shape center to see them... yeah, like I'm going to spend any time working out. ;)

Archived