Change guest

jburke1566

Is it possible with Early Saver to change the travelling companion after the trip has been paid in full. For instance, if my husband decides not to go, can I change his reservation into someone else's name?

deleted. ken

From Carnival's ES Program pages.

"*Early Saver: Cruise rates are in US dollars, per person, based on double occupancy, capacity controlled and subject to change at any time without prior notice. Government taxes and fees are up to $145.85 additional per person. A non-refundable and non-transferable deposit is required at the time of booking for all guests to secure confirmed accommodations. Fares are backed by a unique price protection policy. Full names are required for each guest. Offer is valid for new bookings only and is not combinable with any other discounted or promotional offer. Available on sailings 3 months prior to sail date for short cruises (5 days or less) and available on sailings 5 months prior to sail date for long cruises (6 days or longer). Savings are based on Fun Select rates and vary by sailings. Category restrictions and exclusions apply. No name changes are allowed. A $50 service fee will be assessed per person for ship and/or sail date changes made prior to the final payment due date. Cancellation penalties apply. Request Early Saver. Ships' Registry: The Bahamas & Panama. "

So, if your husband decides to stay home, or can't get off work, gets sick, etc, you either lose his share of the fare and travel alone, or find someone with the same name and birthdate to go with you. :D:D:D

Sorry to hijack, but this ?? is kinda on the same lines.....

If one is booked solo, and wants to ADD someone to the booking, is that considered a "name change"? :confused:

No, you can add someone.

No name changes only means one person that is booked cant be changed with another like on other rates.

OK.....how about this. How about if I could cancel him out, sacrifice the deposit, then pay for a different person to go with me? I think I have up until the end of May to cancel and only lose deposit. The ship sails June 27.

OK.....how about this. How about if I could cancel him out, sacrifice the deposit, then pay for a different person to go with me? I think I have up until the end of May to cancel and only lose deposit. The ship sails June 27.

The cancellation would be subject to the cancellation terms in the Cruise contract. Beyond that, I don't see why you could not cancel then add someone. I'd crun this by your booking agent first. ken

How about this? Call Carnival and see what they allow. All we can tell you is what we think or maybe what they did or didn't allow us to do.

What would probably work is add a 3rd person at the 3rd person rate and pay in full for them and yourself, then not make anymore payments for your husband.

How about this? Call Carnival and see what they allow. All we can tell you is what we think or maybe what they did or didn't allow us to do.

What would probably work is add a 3rd person at the 3rd person rate and pay in full for them and yourself, then not make anymore payments for your husband.

They're past final Payment, so Husband is fully paid.

Husband's cancellation penalty at this point would be the deposit with the balance refundable. If Husband cancels (and recovers the balance) I'm sure the added person would move to the higher 2nd passenger rate.

as you say, call the booking agent.

ken

Archived