flip flops in the MDR

I say cover your feet....i don't wanna stare at the most disgusting part of your body while i'm trying to eat. Just thinking of it makes me wanna puke....please wear shoes and save the splatter!

And yes i'm serious...i gag washing my own feet!

I don't understand how you would be looking at feet while eating? :confused:

If you don't want to see feet, don't look down. If you have tablemates that put their feet on the table, you need to get the maitre'd to deal with it.

i am sorry that you can't deal with your own feet, and might suggest you talk to a doctor about that.

I own a pair of these....

http://www.productwiki.com/upload/images/vibram_fivefingers_classic_top_view.jpg

Wait until I wear these to dinner in the MDR next month on FOS

LOL

Well...They aren't flip-flops, so I suppose they won't be too controversial.:p

I say cover your feet....i don't wanna stare at the most disgusting part of your body while i'm trying to eat. Just thinking of it makes me wanna puke....please wear shoes and save the splatter!

And yes i'm serious...i gag washing my own feet!

If you're going to puke because you see naked toes, you might want to consider not ruining my and my husband's dinner and order room service. Anyone else puking is a sure way to make us feel ill, so by all means, dine elsewhere. Seriously though, why are you looking at our feet, instead of at our faces (or other "northern" parts)? Do you really look at feet while eating? Ick! I look at my food and my dining companions faces while we eat and talk.

Oh, bless you, bless you!! I thought I was the only one disgusted from this thread.

Women's open back, thong between the big toe and next toe are called "mules", and they usually have a heel and are dressy. These are great for casual night in the dining room.

Flat flip-flops that you wear schlepping around every day, all day at home, are not what most people would wear to a nice restaurant.

If your feet are manicured and clean, then the dressier ones are fine, but most men have really gross looking feet. I am also "put off my feed" by the sight of hairy toe tops, calloused heels, dry cuticles around tonenails, and the general appearance of most men's feet.

Puhleese: it's a nice place to eat dinner, and most feet are not meant to been seen while others are eating.

Oh, and yes, I wear sandals in the MDR. I'm going for my mani-pedi tomorrow and get on the ship the day after.

Just a quick note that the actual definition of mules doesn't necessarily include a "thong" (strap, whatever) between the big toe and second toe. Mules can have a "toe strap" (for lack of a better term) or not.

BTW, my DH wears nice sandals to dinner on casual night in warm climates. OTOH, he takes care of his feet...No, I don't mean a mani-pedi (or even pedi) for him; he just takes care of his hands and feet on his own with good grooming. Are his feet perfect? Well, no because he's in his early 60s and doesn't spend hours on his toes. OTOH, my feet aren't perfect either, even though I do home-pedicures and the occasional professional one, because I was a dancer. If you've ever seen a dancer's feet, you know that dancing takes a toll on the old footsies. I keep my feet looking as good as possible, but I really don't care if someone decides that they need to stare at them and then get sick from doing so. Not my problem, sorry.

Bottom line? If it truly disgusts you that much, don't look down!

No, I am 50ish..born raised at the beach, has nothing to do with age has to do with comfort and climate.

So true. I'd have to say to rummenroman and pcur that they'd best not visit most coastal communities. The typcial foot attire is some sort of sandal during all but the coldest, wettest times (for us early January through mid March). Any other time, the "uniform" includes layered clothing and sandals of some sort, unless we're at a dressy/formal event, dress business activity, or hiking.

I don't understand how you would be looking at feet while eating? :confused:

If you don't want to see feet, don't look down. If you have tablemates that put their feet on the table, you need to get the maitre'd to deal with it.

i am sorry that you can't deal with your own feet, and might suggest you talk to a doctor about that.

:p Now that would be a real problem! :D

beachchick

Oh, bless you, bless you!! I thought I was the only one disgusted from this thread.

Women's open back, thong between the big toe and next toe are called "mules", and they usually have a heel and are dressy. These are great for casual night in the dining room.

Flat flip-flops that you wear schlepping around every day, all day at home, are not what most people would wear to a nice restaurant.

If your feet are manicured and clean, then the dressier ones are fine, but most men have really gross looking feet. I am also "put off my feed" by the sight of hairy toe tops, calloused heels, dry cuticles around tonenails, and the general appearance of most men's feet.

Puhleese: it's a nice place to eat dinner, and most feet are not meant to been seen while others are eating.

Oh, and yes, I wear sandals in the MDR. I'm going for my mani-pedi tomorrow and get on the ship the day after.

How often do you see people's feet while you are eating???

I am not a big fan of hairy chests. Maybe we should start a thread asking guys with excessive chest hair to keep a shirt on when at the pool.

Everyone needs to remember you go on a cruise to be on a vacation. Aren't vacations suppose to be stress free? No one was asking to look like a bum in the main dining room. The OP wanted to know if some sort of flat, flip-flop type sandal would be ok when paired with the recommended dress for the evening. So just relax and avoid looking at people's feet when eating if it's really going to upset you.

I am not a big fan of hairy chests. Maybe we should start a thread asking guys with excessive chest hair to keep a shirt on when at the pool.

oh no, I loooove hairy chests! hairy backs do not appeal to me, tho.

I would just love it if everyone goes on the cruise and is comfortable in their own skin (the yukky-footed, the hairy, the hairfree, the overweight, the underweight, the super pale glowers, the way too baked leather faced ....) and anyone not wanting to see this or that just averts their eyes and people go on living their lives. then after dinner we all join hands and ...

POOOOF

crap, I knew I was dreaming...

Everyone needs to remember you go on a cruise to be on a vacation. Aren't vacations suppose to be stress free? No one was asking to look like a bum in the main dining room. The OP wanted to know if some sort of flat, flip-flop type sandal would be ok when paired with the recommended dress for the evening. So just relax and avoid looking at people's feet when eating if it's really going to upset you.

Thank you so very much for the lecture on what I should and shouldn't do to relax on my 34th cruise!!! I DO notice the feet if the person is wearing shoes that make a "flip-flop" noise as they walk by, especially if it's a man.

I actually wear sandals with straps so I don't make noise as I'm walking.

Archived