Gratuities...

CRU1Z1N

We would like to prepay our gratuities can this be done after final payment or do they have to be paid with final payment? Thanks!

Oh and if you're wondering...want to prepay so that everyone is taken care of right from the start and then we can save to tip additional while cruising!

I don't know if you can do it before you board but tips are automatically charged when you board the ship.

Hope this helps.

Is this true? We always book online through Carnival and are given the option of including prepaid gratuities or not. We always do because I think it is easier and a more than fair amount to charge. It's also kind of nice to have the gratuities paid befor you even board. It doesn't make sense that they would give us this option and then add the tips in when we board anyway. Interesting....

We would like to prepay our gratuities can this be done after final payment or do they have to be paid with final payment? Thanks!

Oh and if you're wondering...want to prepay so that everyone is taken care of right from the start and then we can save to tip additional while cruising!

We have been paid in full for several weeks and we prepaid our gratuities this morning..sent an email to my TA and she took care of it with the debit card I had on file with her...

We have been putting a few buck away each payday since we booked in Sept. and now have 1000.00 on our OBC account...

We are all set to go....Cannot wait until July!

Is this true? We always book online through Carnival and are given the option of including prepaid gratuities or not. We always do because I think it is easier and a more than fair amount to charge. It's also kind of nice to have the gratuities paid befor you even board. It doesn't make sense that they would give us this option and then add the tips in when we board anyway. Interesting....

I think there is some misunderstanding. The OP asked about prepaying, and someone answered about automatic tips being added which would only happen if you did not prepay.

You will not be charged twice for tips.

I didn't think we would be charged twice. I just didn't realize that automatic gratuities were charged to all passengers and the "option" we are selecting when we book is to pay them ahead of time instead of having them added to our S&S account when we board. Silly me... I get it now. :o

Archived