So confused - Another ES ????

??? The past guest rate gives us a great price for a balcony cabinon the Valor. If I upgrade to it and change from the ES rate to the past guest rate do, I lose the chances of claiming additional discounts? Not sure if I explained this right....once I book the past guest rate does this mean I can't do any ES claims?

good morning...we booked a 1A early saver, then later upgraded to an aft balcony at past guest rate. the balcony price then dropped, i submitted my request form and it was approved!...(wasnt sure/went ahead and tried)...seemed to not be a problem!-good luck:p

Thanks, I was going to stay put if I would lose my ES status. Now my next question....I'm looking into moving from my 1A (PH cabin main deck - 1 bed & 1 sofa) to either a 4J (Lido deck obstructed view - 9201) for $180 or 4H (Panaroma deck - no daylight) for $40 or 8F for $480. Those rates are total for the both of us. Which would you do? Or should I stay put? It's my son 12 & myself? Yes, I'm trying to do this as cheap as possible but, I don't want regrets either....

Once you book ES you are always ES but you can check for price drops using any other fare you're eligible for - past guest, resident, senior, etc. You will get that rate but you're still considered Early Saver and you can do the price matching as many times as you can find them up to 2 days before sailing.

But, you have to match exact cabin category to do this so certain specials like Pack - N - Go, etc. dont' work since they're guarantees and not specific categories. (I think that is correct. I haven't done any with that.)

But, you have to match exact cabin category to do this so certain specials like Pack - N - Go, etc. dont' work since they're guarantees and not specific categories. (I think that is correct. I haven't done any with that.)

If you want to ES "Match" with a Guarantee Rate: If the rate for a Guarantee Category (OV, BL, ST) above your ES Category (4A, 4B.....) drops below your current ES Rate, then you can give up your assigned cabin for a "TBA" cabin in that higher Category and you remain Early Saver. ken

Archived