Here's a topic I've never seen... on board shopping?

VickiD59

What sort of stores are on the ships? Is it only high-end duty free stuff, or are their souvenir type things as well?

Yes there is a gift shop that sell souvenirs. Gold by the inch stands..duty free liquor,jewelry watches, clothing.

My kind of topic, shopping. I am guilty of buying most of the junk they sell. I kid them my house looks like its been decorated by Carnival. We have most all the duty free liquor they sell I like. Iv bought rings, pins, purses, gold by the inch, gotten a pearl necklace the clasp redone (2 of them actually, I love those gold by the inch guys lol).

When you can go thru the cheap stores on Carnival saying, Iv got this and this and this and this ... you are shopping too much. Oh yea, we have stuff from the $10 stores too, several of their clasp watches, my sister has a really small wrist and loves them.

When I say I got necklace clasps redone... I bought them on one of those auction sites and hated the clasps and the told me to bring them on my next cruise and they would look at them .. and they did and changed out the clasps on non Carnival jewelry I brought to them to fix. They did each one for like $6 that the local jewelry store wanted about $20 each to fix.

there are typically a few little shops on board - nothing too huge or anything, but they've got a big amount of stuff...

on the higher end, they've got the likes of anything from costume to fine jewelery, cologne, sunglasses, etc. they'll also have watches, the inch of gold sales, and the like. there will be several 'specials' throughout the course of the cruise...

on the not so high end, they have a whole load of different kinda of stuff... anything from snacks, to medications, toiletries, t-shirts, stuffed animals, key chains, shot glasses, magnets, rash guards, bathing suits, water bottles, towels, bags, hats, sunscreen, other stuff you might forget and want for your excursion, christmas ornaments, collectibles of different sorts, cigarettes, liquor, and just about ANYTHING they can put a logo on :)

LOTS of souvenir things and Carnival logo items.

There's Christmas tree ornaments, hats, t-shirts, watches (both inexpensive and VERY high end...), rum cake, batteries, cigarettes, cigars, liquor, and other nonsense...

:)

Oh yea, last cuise we also got one of those things that goes around your neck, a lanyand I guess? My sister liked that too, its beaded. they come in Carnival colors, they had red or blue beads, we got the blue set. ... I know, I know.

The purse I bought is that brand with the alligator, beige and kinda nice to me. I liked it.

Oh I just saw pokergirls post about clothing ... I forgot about that. We have a lot of the sequined tee shirts. We both have the anchors on black tee shirts and I got a bell and various other shirts and that sort. I told ya Im bad about shopping.

I LOVE the $10 store onboard. :) I can't wait to take my daughter there again for her to pick out a new fancy purse.

I found that there were quite a few clothing selections in the gift store...overpriced sure, but there if you really need it. I was definitely tempted by some dresses they had...didn't see a fitting room though and didn't feel like trying to find out if the items were returnable if they didn't fit.

The only ship I have been on was the Holiday. There was just not much in it. I was wondering if the other ships have more than one shop. The Holiday had the one shop, plus another smaller shop with high end makeup and perfume.

i just remembered about the 'formalities' shop... it's easy to forget because i don't really go there often :rolleyes:

anyhow - you can rent tuxes there... and order several on board gifts - the likes of chocolate covered strawberries, cakes, etc. they also sell candy of all different sorts by the pound :D

then, as long as 'shopping' = spending money on board for goods, then there's also the photo station... and they also do build a bear in the camp...

The only ship I have been on was the Holiday. There was just not much in it. I was wondering if the other ships have more than one shop. The Holiday had the one shop, plus another smaller shop with high end makeup and perfume.

well, if there was one, then a smaller one, then that's actually 2.

all of the ships have the main 'shops' separated into 2 parts, adjacent to each other - one for the duty free and more of the souvenir stuff, and one which is a bit higher end with the jewelery, perfumes, etc. but they're pretty much both the same size - just with different stuff :D

plus the miscellaneous like formalities, etc.

well, if there was one, then a smaller one, then that's actually 2.

all of the ships have the main 'shops' separated into 2 parts, adjacent to each other - one for the duty free and more of the souvenir stuff, and one which is a bit higher end with the jewelery, perfumes, etc. but they're pretty much both the same size - just with different stuff :D

plus the miscellaneous like formalities, etc.

Yeah, I realized that after I typed it. So, I guess what I am hoping is that the shops are bigger, not that there are more of them.

Quick question about shopping for souvenirs. I previously read a members post about the Funship Freddy stuffed animal and I remember they said it was around $15. My question is that on the Bon Voyage online shop you can buy it ahead of time for $9.95. Are the gift things - T shirst, Freddys etc.. more expensive on the ship. Is it better to buy it ahead of time?

Thanks

The $10 store is usually located AWAY from the big shops, and I love to pick up some funky watches-- for me and as gifts

That depends on the ship. On the Elation (Fantasy class) it was far away from the other shops, but on the Valor (Conquest class) it was at one end of the jewelry/specialty store.

Not meaning to threadjack

But has anyone seen this on a Carnival ship?

I actually found this on the floor while on the Pride and it is a pretty good little "Good Luck Charm" .

I won the Mardi Gras Slot Tournament

I am hoping to find another to to buy as a gift

TIA

IMG00056-20100430-1417.jpg.bf155961689193b6842d0310ad69bde8.jpg

I usually check out their reduced rack and have found some nice shirts at a good price. I have also found their perfume to be fairly well prices compared to US stores. Found some nice scarves, bags and pareos in the $10 shop. In the past I bought a few of their watches, but the straps broke on the second wearing.

Let's see, on the Glory I did some gift shopping, so I know they have:

• Inflatable cruise ships
  • Carnival T-shirts (got one with the Glory's name on it, but they also had others)
  • Carnival hats
  • Typical souvenirs like shot glasses, keychains, etc. (didn't get any of those)
  • Silk scarves in the $10 store
  • Bracelets, earrings, toe rings, etc. in both the $10 and regular store
  • Watches (I'm wearing my Fossil I got onboard - the lady said the designs are exclusive to cruise ships, but I don't really believe her, LOL)
  • Purses (didn't get any of those - thought they were pretty ugly/tacky, as was most of the $10 store stuff)
  • Perfumes, face stuff, etc. (didn't even look at what they had)
  • Liquor (didn't get any)
  • Frames for your photos in the photo store (got one frame and two photos - forgot to go back to buy a second frame after a friend picked up the second photo, oops!)
  • And some other stuff

Archived