Bring Sippy Cups and juice?

FSUSammy

I'm trying to pack for our Oasis cruise which leaves tomorrow. Yay! This is my first cruise with my 2.5 year old. Should I even bother bringing his sippy cups with me? He can drink out of a cup with a straw with no problems. Obviously the less things that I need to bring the better. Oh and how about juice. Is juice readily available around the ships? I know I won't have a problem getting milk for him, just wasn't sure about juice.

We did not bother with our son's cups that he uses for milk.

We were on Carnival though.

There is guava juice available in the mornings on the lido deck. I would fill up our stainless steel water bottles in the mornings and that was good for several hours.

Other than the mornings, it is usually lemonade and iced tea on the lido deck. You can get juice from room service though.

We did bring a box of capri sun flavored water for our kids as well. But, they were fine with water, milk, and lemonade most of the time.

I'm trying to pack for our Oasis cruise which leaves tomorrow. Yay! This is my first cruise with my 2.5 year old. Should I even bother bringing his sippy cups with me? He can drink out of a cup with a straw with no problems. Obviously the less things that I need to bring the better. Oh and how about juice. Is juice readily available around the ships? I know I won't have a problem getting milk for him, just wasn't sure about juice.

Juice is readily available BUT you will pay for it after breakfast hours. Follow the advice of SuperCoolOne and bring a couple of sports bottles to fill up and keep in your cabin fridge.

When my son was little (actually he is still little, only 10, but you know what i mean :D) i loved sippy cups even though he was capable of drinking out of a cup with a straw. the reason being is that sippy cups rarely spill, and it just helped keep his shirt cleaner longer. so if I were you, i would at least pack 1 of those "no leak" sippy cups, for laundry sake. there were so many times that the juice filled cup with straw spilled all over his shirt, or all over the floor.

When DD was 2 I would bring the disposable sippy cups. I brought enough to use one each day for juice only and pitch it at the end of the day. I did put them in zip-lock bags if they went into my bag because they do leak!

I would also bring a water bottle or something that you can stock up on juice for the entire day. I would fill up those mini-gerber juice bottles and put them in the mini-fridge. I would fill up 4 of them each morning for the day. At the end of the day I would wash them out and be ready for the next day.

My kiddos are milk drinkers at bedtime with sippy cups. Is there milk avail in the buffet in the evening that I can fill up their cups - or do like the one person suggested and bring a sports bottle, fill it up and leave it in the fridge in your room? Is there chocolate milk too??

We packed three sippy cups on our last cruise...and alternated them day to day while one was drying...one for shore excursions, and one in the fridge. Plus I packed some juice boxes for him since it was a pain to find juice after breakfast other than lemonade. He also drinks Rice Milk instead of regular milk, so I had to pack a few single serve boxes of that anyway.

It went smoothly...no big deal. And having that sippy on shore excursions was great!

We had a difficult time finding straws at the buffet area on Carnival.

We had to ask -- which sometimes meant standing in some line.

I think it is related to trying to prevent garbage from being blown into the ocean - nothing small and plastic is readily available, you have to ask.

On carnival, room service was included and milk was available in cartons from room service. Juice was available for breakfast, other times you had

to ask.

Can't speak for the Oasis...

hb5

My kiddos are milk drinkers at bedtime with sippy cups. Is there milk avail in the buffet in the evening that I can fill up their cups - or do like the one person suggested and bring a sports bottle, fill it up and leave it in the fridge in your room? Is there chocolate milk too??

At breakfast there are always little containers of milk. I honestly don't think the fridge keeps milk cold. KWIM? You can always get milk from room service. If you can't find chocolate milk (which usually we couldn't) you can go to the bar and ask for some chocolate syrup. :)

You can always get straws at the bars or the coffee shop always had them!

Archived