Is it weird to take the same cruise twice?

luvmyboyz

We like to take 2 big family vacations every year - one in the spring and one in the fall - plus a few days down the shore in the summer. We usually plan one vacation that's pretty expensive, and then spend about half that on the second vacation. Well, we just got back from our first family trip to Disney World, and that was a pretty expensive trip! So we have to keep the costs down a bit for our second vacation. Last year, our less expensive vacation was a cruise on Carnival Pride in November - it was less expensive because four of us can go for a week for under $2500 since no airfare is needed.

So now that I am starting to think about planning our fall vacation, I am really thinking we should go on the Pride again, even though it will be EXACTLY the same itinerary as the cruise we took last year. I absolutely loved the Pride and while I wish it didn't stop at Port Canaveral for a whole day, the rest of the itinerary is great! Last year we never did make it to Atlantis, so this year we can plan to spend the whole day there, so at least that much would be different. Plus, my youngest son will be just under 3, and now that's he's passed his seperation anxiety phase and has no problem at daycare or at sunday school, I'm pretty certain he will go to Camp Carnival for a couple hours every day, so hubby and I will be able to have some time to ourselves (which we didn't have last year.) But the ship would be the same, and I'm wondering if the shows would be the same, too.

So is it weird (or even foolish) to go on the exact same cruise two years in a row?

I considered going on NCL out of NY, but that is almost the same itinerary, too, and I really like Carnival.

Oh, what to do?

I need to decide by the end of May so we can take advantage of early saver rates.

We do the same route yearly. Sometimes we do different things in port, sometimes the exact same. You can see from my signature we do it sometimes twice a year, we just like to be on the ship, don't really care where it goes, lol.

I wouldn't worry about it. Most ports offer many different options of things to see or do.

We actually like returning to some of the same ports. We usually take island tours on our 1st visits and from then on, we try more personal preference tours.

As for NCL, that is the only line we have sailed on. We love it but I am sure we would be just as happy on other lines.

Enjoy your cruise whichever one you choose.

We just got off the Victory and I was thinking it's a cruise I would like to do again. I loved the itinerary and I figure going back a second time, we could just do relaxing things like the beach or even spend more time on the ship.

No it's not wierd at all to do the same cruise/ports over and over again - especially if you enjoy the ports!

This will our third time in one year that we're going to GCI, Cozumel, Belize, and Roatan - twice on Legend, and our first time going to these islands on Glory. We adore Nachi Cocum in Cozumel, will be powering speedboats with our friends in Belize, chilling out at the Mayan Princess Resort in Roatan, and going to Eden Rock Beach so that my husband can snorkel (I can't - ear/nose issues) and I can frolick in the water.

My view is this - if you really enjoy the ship/ports that they are going to, then by all means go back on those ships over and over again!

I considered going on NCL out of NY, but that is almost the same itinerary, too, and I really like Carnival.

I would go with NCL........we have cruised the same itinerary but always on a different ship or cruisline......change it up a bit......

I don't see why anyone would consider it weird to take the same cruise more than once. It's your vacation time, spend it how you want. People pick cruises for different reasons. I've taken some of the same cruises more than once and no doubt, will do them again!

I don't think it's weird at all to take the same cruise twice! Every cruise can offer something new! You can try different activities on the ship and do differnent things at the ports! It would only be weird if you didn't tkae this cruise because you had already taken it once. :p Go for it and have a great time!

Many folks take the identical cruise year after year.... is that weird ? Not in my eyes.

It's your $$$ and your choice. Why be concerned if it is considered weird or not... really, WHO CARES ???

What are the odds you will meet the same passengers on the same sailing that you are repeating ? A Gazillion:1 !!!:rolleyes:

You like the ship... you like the itinerary.....you have the funds....go for it ! :cool:

We like to take 2 big family vacations every year - one in the spring and one in the fall - plus a few days down the shore in the summer. We usually plan one vacation that's pretty expensive, and then spend about half that on the second vacation. Well, we just got back from our first family trip to Disney World, and that was a pretty expensive trip! So we have to keep the costs down a bit for our second vacation. Last year, our less expensive vacation was a cruise on Carnival Pride in November - it was less expensive because four of us can go for a week for under $2500 since no airfare is needed.

So now that I am starting to think about planning our fall vacation, I am really thinking we should go on the Pride again, even though it will be EXACTLY the same itinerary as the cruise we took last year. I absolutely loved the Pride and while I wish it didn't stop at Port Canaveral for a whole day, the rest of the itinerary is great! Last year we never did make it to Atlantis, so this year we can plan to spend the whole day there, so at least that much would be different. Plus, my youngest son will be just under 3, and now that's he's passed his seperation anxiety phase and has no problem at daycare or at sunday school, I'm pretty certain he will go to Camp Carnival for a couple hours every day, so hubby and I will be able to have some time to ourselves (which we didn't have last year.) But the ship would be the same, and I'm wondering if the shows would be the same, too.

So is it weird (or even foolish) to go on the exact same cruise two years in a row?

Oh, what to do?

I need to decide by the end of May so we can take advantage of early saver rates.

It's not weird at all. Many have done the same exact cruise two weeks in a row.

We've done it three times.

First was a back to back year cruise on the Imagination. Besides already being Carnival veterans, almost knowing what was going to be done or said next, we had the same posts, same cruise director, and the same shows. BUT, as opposed to meeting new people, we went with family, so there really wasn't much new to us, or new friends to meet.

The second was almost a carbon copy of the first.

Then we did two Disney cruises back to back. Being it was only a 4 day cruise, and everything was still fresh, plus TWO visits to Castaway Cay, it was well worth it.

Last, we did an RCCL cruise three years in a row to Bermuda. I could go to Bermuda EVERY year, and the Explorer of the Seas was SO big, it took us two times to sail her to think we saw everything.

SO, it's really up to your psychie of what your history is, and what your expectations are.

I say Go For It!!!!!

It will be different for you this year, since even though it will be same ports, but different excursions!!! Maybe you can change it up some more by staying in a different category- go for balcony if you didn't have one last time, etc...

BTW- I absolutely love Disney (we go every other year!)...but sounds like you all had a blast on the Pride!

Another option, if you can get away during beginning of October- Miracle leaves right from NY and does an 8 day- even though they hit Nassau they also go to Grand Turk and Half Moon Cay... just a thought...;)

Have a great time...:)

I'm sorry but I do think it is a little weird. This world is way to big and my life way to short to go to the same places. I see why people do it but I want to see different places in the world. To each his own however.

Archived