Is it weird to take the same cruise twice?

luvmyboyz

Being on the West coast unless you want to pay tons of airfare you ae pretty well religated to some of the same cruises.

That being said~ The shows will be the same! That does tend to get boring and I find I dont even go anymore. On the Behind the Fun tour I asked and was told the shows change on average every 8-12 years:D due to the high cost... So if thats an issue you may want to look elsewhere.

I say Go For It!!!!!

It will be different for you this year, since even though it will be same ports, but different excursions!!! Maybe you can change it up some more by staying in a different category- go for balcony if you didn't have one last time, etc...

BTW- I absolutely love Disney (we go every other year!)...but sounds like you all had a blast on the Pride!

Another option, if you can get away during beginning of October- Miracle leaves right from NY and does an 8 day- even though they hit Nassau they also go to Grand Turk and Half Moon Cay... just a thought...;)

Have a great time...:)

We actually are planning to stay in a balcony this year - had an interior with french doors last year, so a balcony will be a welcome change.

Can't do any other week in the fall - my son starts kindergarten this year, and that week he has off from school 2 days, so he won't miss as much. I know it's only kindergarten, but still...

It's no stranger than someone who owns a timeshare and goes there every year for vacation or someone who rents the same vacation home every year. Just because there are other options doesn't mean you can't stick with something you like.

Just this last year my wife and I took our mothers on a short cruise. We had so much family fun on the first that we went again the next month. It did not feel like the same thing done over, each cruise is different. We like being able to drive to our port to save some cash and it sounds like this is an advantage for you too.

Yes - more than likely the show will be the same - there are so many things that are the same on different ships - different sailings etc - hell 4 years later on different ships, different itineries the Newly Wed Game was the exact same thing. I always find different things to do so no cruise is the same. I think just getting away for your family especially if you and hubby can have some alone time is worth it. You loved the ship so you are over half way there and you will be doing Atlantis another plus.

Not at all! Look at my sig; we did the same ship 4 years in a row, and the same itinerary twice. Each sailing is different. The second time on the eastern itinerary, I stayed on the ship in Coco Cay and enjoyed the almost empty pool.

I think we're going to repeat our spring girl's cruise on Destiny again next year, because we all want to go back to Key West, and we had a great time. Might mix it up and do a different room category. :D

Not strange at all - we've just returned from our 2nd exact same cruise on the Legend out of Tampa. If you enjoyed it the first time you will most likely enjoyed it a 2nd, 3rd or 4th time. I wouldn't hesitate to book the same cruise twice. Enjoy!

We are going on the same cruise that we went on 2 yrs ago.. not just because my dh pushed the wrong button on his camera and lost all the photos but because we had a great time and loved the itinerary.. so if its weird then i guess i am weird.. but am glad to be going again!

We love to cruise and it doesn't matter where the ship goes. There's really not enough time in each port to do a lot things therefore most people do one or two things such as beach and shop or excursion then shop. So when you cruise to the same place this gives you the opportunity to do new things each time you go back. :)

We usually cruise twice a yr and I would do it three times a year if I could talk my husband into it. :D:D The good thing about taking the same cruise twice is that you already know the place so you can plan better what to do. We have decided now to try out different cruise lines and ships even though it's the same itinerary. Any cruise is a good cruise! :D

For our upcoming cruise, I wanted to take the same cruise on the Ecstasy that we did 2 years ago. I loved the ship, and we had a wonderful time. Actually, the best family vacation I can ever remember. It was the rest of my family that wanted to do something different. So we are booked on the Conquest Eastern Carribean itinerary in July. We were on the Conquest 5 years ago and we did have a good time. I'm excited, but I know I would be much more excited if we were just going on the Ecstasy 5 day again, which I will definately do again... maybe even sometime this year!

We like to take 2 big family vacations every year - one in the spring and one in the fall - plus a few days down the shore in the summer. We usually plan one vacation that's pretty expensive, and then spend about half that on the second vacation. Well, we just got back from our first family trip to Disney World, and that was a pretty expensive trip! So we have to keep the costs down a bit for our second vacation. Last year, our less expensive vacation was a cruise on Carnival Pride in November - it was less expensive because four of us can go for a week for under $2500 since no airfare is needed.

So now that I am starting to think about planning our fall vacation, I am really thinking we should go on the Pride again, even though it will be EXACTLY the same itinerary as the cruise we took last year. I absolutely loved the Pride and while I wish it didn't stop at Port Canaveral for a whole day, the rest of the itinerary is great! Last year we never did make it to Atlantis, so this year we can plan to spend the whole day there, so at least that much would be different. Plus, my youngest son will be just under 3, and now that's he's passed his seperation anxiety phase and has no problem at daycare or at sunday school, I'm pretty certain he will go to Camp Carnival for a couple hours every day, so hubby and I will be able to have some time to ourselves (which we didn't have last year.) But the ship would be the same, and I'm wondering if the shows would be the same, too.

So is it weird (or even foolish) to go on the exact same cruise two years in a row?

I considered going on NCL out of NY, but that is almost the same itinerary, too, and I really like Carnival.

Oh, what to do?

I need to decide by the end of May so we can take advantage of early saver rates.

We did the Fantasy 3 times LAST YEAR!! If you love a ship and an itinerary (as we do the Fantasy! Hate she's leaving) it makes sense cruise her as often as you want and can afford.

We did Carnival Pride to bermuda, Carnival Legend to Caribbean, then two years in a row on Miracle to Caribbean.

If not too much further to drive to you could come into NYC and hop on the Miracle. They are doing a Bahamas alternating with a Caribbean itinerary this year. The Pride and Miracle are sister ships. I call them same ship, different decals, like Ford and Mercury and Chevy and Pontiac:)

We love all our cruises and with these tough economic times being able to take a vacation you learn to be grateful no matter where you are going.

I'm sure you never saw all of the Pride and maybe there was something more you wanted to do at one of the ports.

Book whatever the family wants and have fun!!

As you can see from my signature line, I've sailed on the Glory twice and Legend 3 times. Although the ports of call were the same, I felt as though I were on a different cruise each time. There is always something different to do at a destination. So, no, I don't think it's weird at all that you go back on the Pride. I'm sure you can plan different things on the second trip. Happy cruising! :)

I'm booked for the 5/16 sailing on Sensation to Freeport/ Nassau and then booked on 6/17 aboard the Fascination also stopping in Freeport and Nassau.

The two cruises sail from different ports- Port Canaveral and Jacksonville respectively- and my cabin mates will be different. Even with those being the two major differences, I anticipate the cruises will be totally distinct and I'm equally excited about both.

While I enjoy seeing different places - this year, we are taking the same cruise we took last year (same week even). But we didn't get to make all ports due to swine flu, so there will be a difference! Looking forward to Cozumel!:cool:

Just thinking though - a lot of families fly or drive to the same area every year for vacation. Same hotel or sometimes they even buy a vacation home - so no, I don't think its weird.

I do think cruising is a good deal when you think of what you would pay to drive or fly someplace, hotels and food, etc.

Just a few more days and we are on the Legend!!!:D

Archived