Harbor Nights

brzymom

does anyone know if they will have Harbor Nights in Hamilton and/or St. George's? that was a lovely evening, walking around without traffic and lots to see and do and of course to buy!!

Harbour Nights will be on Wednesday nights in Hamilton:

http://www.bermudacommerce.com/events/harbour-nights.aspx

Destination Dockyard will be Monday nights at the Dockyard:

http://www.bermudacommerce.com/events/dockyard.aspx

There was also supposed to be a similar night time event in St. George's this past Tuesday, but it was cancelled when we on the Veendam went straight to Hamilton. Hopefully the Veendam will be able to make the St. George's call next week.

I started a new thread before I realized that this one existed. I just was wondering if the Hamilton Harbor night was worth it. I will probably have to to take a taxi back to Hamilton from King's Wharf so I wanted to know a little more about what took place there and if it was as much fun as it sounded. I would appreciate hearing from anyone who has gone on a Wednesday night or if anyone has heard anymore specifics.

I started a new thread before I realized that this one existed. I just was wondering if the Hamilton Harbor night was worth it. I will probably have to to take a taxi back to Hamilton from King's Wharf so I wanted to know a little more about what took place there and if it was as much fun as it sounded. I would appreciate hearing from anyone who has gone on a Wednesday night or if anyone has heard anymore specifics.
From what I understand the ferry will keep runing till 11:00 on that night it's also cheaper and faster..

We were just there last wednesday night. It was a pleasant evening. Yes just a flee market with music but if your planning on buying some souvenirs it was nice to have some backround music while shopping. The first half hour the gombay's were dancing and then we spent 1.5 hours walking up and down Front Street. We caught a 9pm ferry back to dockyard and was about to see some of the ship evening entertainment. The last ferry back to dockyard was at 10pm.

We were also there last Wednesday night. We ate dinner outside on the upper deck at the Pickled Onion (delicious food & Pickled Swizzles!) - from there we could see all the action below. It was a fun evening, very lively - we especially enjoyed the school-aged children playing Big Band music. Amazing musical talent!

Last ferry is at 10pm. We took the 9pm, but arrived at the dock at 8:25pm. It was a mob scene - lots of pushing & shoving. I think the ferry employees did a great job keeping things calm, but it could have gotten out of hand. I recommend getting there very early if you want to take either the 9 or 10pm back to Dockyard.

Last ferry is at 10pm. We took the 9pm, but arrived at the dock at 8:25pm. It was a mob scene - lots of pushing & shoving. I think the ferry employees did a great job keeping things calm, but it could have gotten out of hand. I recommend getting there very early if you want to take either the 9 or 10pm back to Dockyard.

Really makes you wonder what those people would do if there was an emergency at sea.:eek:

We got to the hamilton ferry at 8:55pm. It was very crowded but they had a second 9pm ferry boat so we had no problem and luckily didn't have to wait at all. I believe they know by now that it gets very crowded for the 9 and 10pm ferries. But don't know if you can rely on this happening every week. Maybe ask the ferry drivers for guidance.

Archived