B2B on Imagination questions

luvmyboyz

We are deciding if we should do a week on the Pride (for the second year in a row) or a B2B on the Imagination (3 days to Nassau, 4 days to Key West & Cozumel). With airfare to Miami, the cost would be about the same for either cruise, so we're just trying to figure which is better for us. We've never done a B2B, and so we have some questions about it.

1. Is it best to book the same room for both cruises?

2. Is there an elegant night? The 1st leg is a 4-day and the 2nd is a 3-day.

3. What do you do when everyone else is debarking? Can you stay in your room, go to the Lido deck, etc?

I also have some questions about the Imagination in general:

1. We are traveling with 2 young children (age 2 and 5) and usually get a room with a convertible sofa because they are so young and we're afraid the pull-downs are too high off the ground. But there don't seem to be any rooms with convertible sofas. Also, I don't see any regular balconies either. Is the configuration of an oceanview suitable for a family with small children? Maybe a balcony on the Pride would be better for us?

2. Speaking of the kids, how is Camp Carnival on the Imagination?

I think that's all the questions I have for now. Anything else you can tell me about B2B cruising or the Imagination would be greatly appreciated.

Only 4 ships?? I think, Have had balconys added to Fantasy class ships, thats why you cant find one on that ship, but it will have the new waterworks. Maybe a connecting cabin. Suites are awfully expensive to get a balcony.

I love B2Bs, two cruise credits, one trip to the port. yes, its better to not have to move, its kind of no fun to have to pack up and change cabins. You do have to meet in the atrium usually and they walk you thru customs real fast after the first leg.

According to the deck plans for Fantasy class (without new balconies) the only cabins with convertible sofas are suites, and the double convertible is only in the Cat. 12 suite, the single is in the Cat. 11. So, if your kids can't do the bunks you will have to go with Pride. Only other option is the younger on sleep with you and the 5y/o take a bunk. Or parents take the bunks...EM

Just bumping to see if I can get answers to my other questions and any additional info about B2B cruises.

(Is there an elegant night? The 1st leg is a 4-day and the 2nd is a 3-day.

What do you do when everyone else is debarking? Can you stay in your room, go to the Lido deck, etc?)

Archived