I just reserved Celebrity Mercury to Alaska in July

Cru1ser

through telephone, what should i do next?

when should i check in online?

thanks.

Checkin as soon as you can. Next go to the Celebrity Mercury Roll Call board for your sailing and get to know your fellow cruisers.

Have a great cruise.

Checkin as soon as you can. Next go to the Celebrity Mercury Roll Call board for your sailing and get to know your fellow cruisers.

Have a great cruise.

Thanks!

why should i check in as soon as i can? i thought i could do that right before the sailing date.

Thanks!

why should i check in as soon as i can? i thought i could do that right before the sailing date.

Do it when ever you want to then, I thoought you wanted to know how soon you could checkin.

Look for "Cruise Lines Roll Calls" on the main forum page, then click on your cruiseline, then a list of Roll Call (w/dates of sailing) will come up. Look for your date, and viola', click on your Roll Call. Hopefully someone has started one for your sailing, and if not, start one yourself, w/the date of sailing in the title of the thread. Have fun!

Look for "Cruise Lines Roll Calls" on the main forum page, then click on your cruiseline, then a list of Roll Call (w/dates of sailing) will come up. Look for your date, and viola', click on your Roll Call. Hopefully someone has started one for your sailing, and if not, start one yourself, w/the date of sailing in the title of the thread. Have fun!

thank you so much!

You're very welcome. Have a great trip - Alaska is just amazing!

thanks.

another question: the boat arrives at vancouver at 7am, our flight we booked leaves at 3pm the same day. do you think we have enough time to check-out from the boat and get on the flight?

thanks again.

thanks.

another question: the boat arrives at vancouver at 7am, our flight we booked leaves at 3pm the same day. do you think we have enough time to check-out from the boat and get on the flight?

thanks again.

Yes, unless you are walking to the airport.

How active are you? We loved excursions that involved:

1. Landing on a glacier via helicopter

2. Ice climbing

3. Dog sledding

4. Going on a train ride deep into mountains

5. Whale watching

6. Hiking wilderness trails

7. Ziplining

(we've been to Alaska 3 times so far - we love it!)

But if you are not very active, you might like seeing the lumberjack show in Ketchikan and the helicopter flight to a glacier in Juneau (even my elderly MIL loved that.)

Whale watching in either Juneau (recommend Harv and Marv) or Icy Straight. Flightseeing of Misty Fiords w/Michelle of Island Wings. Sea Kayaking in any port. Tram to the top of Mt. Roberts then hiking. Bear Watching in Icy Straight. Tons to do. Check out the Ports of Call - "Alaska" thread for more suggestions - plenty to read to keep you busy for days! Depends on what you and your family enjoy. Alaska is amazing, breathtaking and magnificent - all rolled into one. Just being on the ship is like an excursion itself! Enjoy!:p

How active are you? We loved excursions that involved:

1. Landing on a glacier via helicopter

2. Ice climbing

3. Dog sledding

4. Going on a train ride deep into mountains

5. Whale watching

6. Hiking wilderness trails

7. Ziplining

(we've been to Alaska 3 times so far - we love it!)

But if you are not very active, you might like seeing the lumberjack show in Ketchikan and the helicopter flight to a glacier in Juneau (even my elderly MIL loved that.)

Whale watching in either Juneau (recommend Harv and Marv) or Icy Straight. Flightseeing of Misty Fiords w/Michelle of Island Wings. Sea Kayaking in any port. Tram to the top of Mt. Roberts then hiking. Bear Watching in Icy Straight. Tons to do. Check out the Ports of Call - "Alaska" thread for more suggestions - plenty to read to keep you busy for days! Depends on what you and your family enjoy. Alaska is amazing, breathtaking and magnificent - all rolled into one. Just being on the ship is like an excursion itself! Enjoy!:p

thanks guys! that's really helpful!

any chance we can take the alaska railroad?

Hi Cru1ser,

We went to Alaska last summer with Hal, but our blog below will have many photos of ports and we did several excursions including Harv & Marv, Sea Kayak Trip and White Pass RR.

Have a good trip.

Lin

thank you so much, lin.

Archived