Harve & Marv and Then Helicopter ?

marrgra

Hi guys, just I'm a first timer, looking for a little guidance. We are Booked on the Mercury in Early Sept, and on the Day in Jeneau we are Whale Watching with Harv and Marv in the morning ( 09:00 meet time ) , and have just booked a Helicopter Glacier Walkabout at 14:30 for the afternoon, directly with celebrity. I have emailed Harve & Marv, whom has said we should be back at the Dock for no later than 14:00. Are we pushing it a little bit or should we be ok ? is the 14:30 time given by the cruiseline as i suspect likely to be our meeting time, or is it our flight time. I just want to make sure really that what we are planning is achievable, weather permitting of course.

Also want to say what a fab resource Cruise Critic is, trailing the forums, reviews etc has been a very helpful thing indeed whilst planning this holiday :-)

That time is your meeting time, which may be on the dock, since it is midday.

If your vendor, states you will be back, then that is all you have to go on, unless, you are going to change this??? An alternative, would be to just book the helicopter tour, direct and get a drop off?? You would save an hour in transit time, unless your tour is with ERA. There most always are cost savings.

You might want to check with Harv & Marv to see if they can arrange the 2nd part, even if it gets back on time only giving you 30 mins isn't much time to grab something to eat. We're doing similar, whale then flight and our whale vendor is arranging everything and supplying lunch as well

Thanks for the replies guys, Harv and Marv don't envisage any issues, and have made a note where we need to be when etc, so We're gonna wing it and leave things as they are. I'm sure a little foward planning will solve the grabbing something to eat issue :-) cant wait.

Last year we did the morning whale watch with H&M and then dog sledding in the afternoon. Harv & Marv dropped us off at the airport after the whale watch so we could eat lunch before the glacier dog sled. After lunch we just walked across the street to Coastal Helicopters. With H&M dropping us off at the airport, this saved us valuable time by not going back to town, so we had plenty of time to eat a hot lunch. This is especially nice when you come straight off the water and you're chilled to the bone while whale watching! :)

Of course, we booked both excursions direct with H&M and Coastal Helicopters - these were not ship sponsored excursions - so don't know if this helps you in any way. I do strongly recommend booking from a private vendor versus booking thru the ship. You get more "bang for your buck" that way.

Enjoy your planning...that's always part of the fun! :D

Cruisin' Mama

Last year we did the morning whale watch with H&M and then dog sledding in the afternoon. Harv & Marv dropped us off at the airport after the whale watch so we could eat lunch before the glacier dog sled. After lunch we just walked across the street to Coastal Helicopters. With H&M dropping us off at the airport' date=' this saved us valuable time by not going back to town, so we had plenty of time to eat a [b']hot[/b] lunch. This is especially nice when you come straight off the water and you're chilled to the bone while whale watching! :)

Of course, we booked both excursions direct with H&M and Coastal Helicopters - these were not ship sponsored excursions - so don't know if this helps you in any way. I do strongly recommend booking from a private vendor versus booking thru the ship. You get more "bang for your buck" that way.

Cruisin' Mama

This booking is superb for saving time, but this poster appears to prefer what they have booked. They will be adding an hour in transit time, which they now must realize.

Last year we did the morning whale watch with H&M and then dog sledding in the afternoon. Harv & Marv dropped us off at the airport after the whale watch so we could eat lunch before the glacier dog sled. After lunch we just walked across the street to Coastal Helicopters. With H&M dropping us off at the airport' date=' this saved us valuable time by not going back to town, so we had plenty of time to eat a [b']hot[/b] lunch. This is especially nice when you come straight off the water and you're chilled to the bone while whale watching! :)

Cruisin' Mama

This is exactly what we have done for our upcoming cruise in August. Glad to know it works out as we'd hoped, timing-wise! Must say that both Harv & Marv and Coastal made it all exceptionally easy to arrange. Guess it's not the first time they've done it!;)

This is exactly what we have done for our upcoming cruise in August. Glad to know it works out as we'd hoped, timing-wise! Must say that both Harv & Marv and Coastal made it all exceptionally easy to arrange. Guess it's not the first time they've done it!;)
Wordzz,

These vendors work very closely with each other and they know what they're doing. You will enjoy your day immensely! Our trip to Alaska last year was fantastic, but our day spent in Juneau whale watching & glacier dog sledding was the best day of our entire journey and we went all the way north to Barrow! The dog sledding will be forever etched in my mind and my heart!:cool:

Cruisin' Mama

Archived