Lido deck

LynnKnicker

I am always amazed at the difference between cruise ships aimed at the American market and those aimed at the british one.

The perfect example is early mornings.

On an American Cruise ship, when sitting down enjoying the first coffee of the day, the first sight one normally views, is not the stunning coastline or whales nor Dolphins, but normally oversized people, complete with headband running around the deck.

Its like they have to do it. For some its a cruise ritual. Big sweaty men and women, pretending they are living the perfect lifestyle. An hour later they are still in the same clothes, except this time, a tray overloaded with watermelon, crispy bacon, hash browns and link sausages are being demolished with loving care.

On a British ship, all you hear is moaning and groaning.

The Tea isnt hot enough. The Danish is better on whatever other ship they were on before.

Anyone else notice this??

of course it doesnt apply to all pax, all the time.

Lynn

None of us should "generalise"

I am a very early riser - I think that, as I get older, I am turning into a bird. I go to bed with them and get up with them. I was in the Navy many many years ago - and I remember clearly the beauty of the dawn at sea. So, mostly now when I cruise, I am on the upper decks around 4 AM. It is a beautiful time of day - and the people around then are beautiful too. The young ones are resisting the call of their bed - and trying to hold onto the previous day . The older ones (who are early risers) look forward to the new day, grateful to still be around for it. At this time, there are no "British" or "Americans" - and you know what, there are many other peoples from all around the world on your ship.

I think you are a troll :)

Barry

I am always amazed at the difference between cruise ships aimed at the American market and those aimed at the british one.

On an American Cruise ship, when sitting down enjoying the first coffee of the day, the first sight one normally views, is not the stunning coastline or whales nor Dolphins, but normally oversized people, complete with headband running around the deck.

Its like they have to do it. For some its a cruise ritual. Big sweaty men and women, pretending they are living the perfect lifestyle. An hour later they are still in the same clothes, except this time, a tray overloaded with watermelon, crispy bacon, hash browns and link sausages are being demolished with loving care.

The Tea isnt hot enough. The Danish is better on whatever other ship they were on before.

Lynn

Whether you are a troll or not, your post put a smile on my face, as I emerged from my pit at 10am this morning, unfortunately not on a cruise, and I am a young 70 year old.:D:D

[quote=LynnKnicker;24292262]I am always amazed at the difference between cruise ships aimed at the American market and those aimed at the british one.

that is sooooo true !! in my experience of course !!:D

QUOTE: The young ones are resisting the call of their bed - and trying to hold onto the previous day . The older ones (who are early risers) look forward to the new day, grateful to still be around for it.

-----

Wonderful, beautiful words Barry. And much closer to my experience.

The old stereotypes are the best :-)

We talk about Americans being fat ... I have noticed very little difference between American and British passengers (except the Americans are more likely to do some sort of exercise)

Similarly we talk about Germans for reserving loungers but yet my experience shows the Brits are the worst.

In Heaven -- the Germans are the Engineers, the French are the cooks, the British are the Administrators and the Italians are the lovers,

In Hell -- The Germans are the cooks, the French are the Engineers, the British are the lovers and the Italians are the Administrators.

:):)

Barry

In Heaven -- the Germans are the Engineers, the French are the cooks, the British are the Administrators and the Italians are the lovers,

In Hell -- The Germans are the cooks, the French are the Engineers, the British are the lovers and the Italians are the Administrators.

:):)

Barry

I have to disagree. German food ranks among the best I have tasted, the Eifel Tower is a fantastic piece of engineering, the British make excellent lovers. The only problem is who we have as manager of the English football team.

Archived