Price drop after early saver booking?

mmpadp

Has anyone ever seen a price drop below that of the early saver price?

Yes.

Also, be aware When you book Early Saver you're not only concerned with drops in the Early Saver Rate itself (which goes away in 3 months cruises 5 days or less and in 5 months cruises 6 days or more) but you also want to monitor drops for any rates that you're eligible for, including the FunSelect Rate, Past Guest Rate (if you're a Past guest), the 55+ Rate (if you're 55+), the Resident Rate for your State of Residence, and the Military Rate (if you're military eligible). If the Past Guest rate drops below your current ES rate, and you’re a Past Guest, you get that rate. Same for FunSelect, 55+, Resident and Military Rate drops. Remember that the price protection is for same ship, same dates, same Cabin Category and same number of passengers (the adjustment is for the combined PAX 1 and PAX 2 rates AND the PAX 3 (if any) and PAX 4 (if any) rates.

Once Booked, You can check the Past Guest, 55+ and Resident Promo Rates daily using the Quick Search Box on carnival.com . In order to view the promo rates, it may be necessary to first Log-In with your username AND Password, then Log-Out, such that no Name or Past Guest ID info is displayed when you visit carnival.com.

ken

Yes, last year for my Glory cruise we had a few price drops, one was pretty substantial. Enjoyed having the OBC. We used it to pay for our tips and then some....

We caught one price drop about three months after booking our Pride cruise for this August, but since then the fare has done nothing but go UP.

Right now, the fare for our category is about $200 PP higher than we booked. I don't anticipate seeing any more drops.

We feel ES was definitely worth it for us, since at the time we booked the Fun Saver price was almost $100 PP more than ES. With four people on the booking, $400 is significant.

We caught one price drop about three months after booking our Pride cruise for this August, but since then the fare has done nothing but go UP.

Right now, the fare for our category is about $200 PP higher than we booked. I don't anticipate seeing any more drops.

We feel ES was definitely worth it for us, since at the time we booked the Fun Saver price was almost $100 PP more than ES. With four people on the booking, $400 is significant.

Keep watchin for it. We booked ES, then when they raised the rates in March, it went up $550 for 3 people in a 6E. It's now back down to $350 more. It's right at $100 pp more right now. About every 3 days it comes down a little bit more. So I am still holding out hope that it will drop more when it ges closer and they aren't filling those rooms. I am hopelessly optimistic. :rolleyes:

Yes - we have a $352 OBC and had one $60 price drop before final payment (which goes to the cost, not OBC). Most of the drops came about 3-6 weeks before the cruise, last week the prices shot way up and now a week before the cruise, the ship is sold out. good luck and keep an eye on the price drops, they do happen but you need to keep checking, I'd check once in the morning, around lunch time and before leaving work for the night. That worked pretty well.:D

I'm at about 40 days prior to our cruise and my price has dropped 3 times in the past week. My online TA hasn't been so happy about filling out 3 forms, but oh well. So far I have gotten $270 OBC for my 2 cabins (total).

Maggie

We have two cabins booked in June, each with over $300 OBC. However, you do need to check often (daily?). Our inside cabin dropped to $639 PP for about two days, and is now back up to $689 PP. Depending on where you read, the lower rate has to be available when you submit the request, or when they validate the request. But either way, don't wait to request thinking it will go lower. You can always submit another request if it does.

Ken,

I have been "watching" just like your instructions say. Here is my question. We are booked in 8M category, the initial price was $759 for an aft cabin. Have you ever seen these go down? Just wondering what your experience (and anyone else who sees this) has been.

Thanks all.

Ok im a noob.... however I like saving money. How would one go about doing this?

I booked mine through Orbitz (my wife made me :D ) does that make a difference?

If you booked outside of carnival, the early saver rate does not apply.

You may want to inquire with Orbitz and see if they have a price guarantee and how that works...

hope it works out for you.

If you booked outside of carnival, the early saver rate does not apply.

You may want to inquire with XXXX and see if they have a price guarantee and how that works...

hope it works out for you.

We cannot mention specific TAs on here, as its against the rules ... but the ES rules apply to TAs as well, a specific TA might just not be willing to send in the form. Good idea to ask when you book as you probably are NOT saving any money by booking with most TAs.

Something to be said for booking direct.

Sorry about that. Cant edit it out from my previous post. We will just chalk this trip up to a learning experience and hope its a good enough one to want more then do them on my own.

:D

The past guest sale this weekend had rates lower than the early saver rates we booked for 7/3 out of NYC. Just got an upgrade and $40 pp credit.

Iv seen pack n save guaratee prices way below ES booking prices. sometimes other last minute deals are less. I saw a $60 less IS price on my short 5 day cruise, and $100 less on pack n go than I had paid .. but since both were guarantees, you cant price match to them.

Carnival has ways to make sure with ES you cant get most last minute price drops imo. You cant price match downward, and to them a guarantee is downward.

Where do you go to check if the price drops? Do I just go to carnival.com and act like I am booking a cruise to see the price? We are booked on Carnival Valor for the week of 11-21-10. I got an inside quad cabin on the verandah deck for 1818.00

Where do you go to check if the price drops? Do I just go to carnival.com and act like I am booking a cruise to see the price? We are booked on Carnival Valor for the week of 11-21-10. I got an inside quad cabin on the verandah deck for 1818.00

Im having trouble pulling up rates on Carnival for past guest and resident and senior and the advanced search criteria... but yes I would check the Carnival site ... and then I would double check quads and pick a TA site that shows available cabins online.

Make sure you are checking all 4 prices, as if two go down and 2 go up, it may not have gone down in total. Has to be for the same # of guests for your exact category.

I've made final payment on our two cabins for Freedom on June 27. Because it is an interline rate (airline employee) does that mean that there are different rules? I called and they told me the only option is an upgrade, but of course they couldn't find two cabins together to upgrade us to. Should I be able to get an OBC?

I've made final payment on our two cabins for Freedom on June 27. Because it is an interline rate (airline employee) does that mean that there are different rules? I called and they told me the only option is an upgrade, but of course they couldn't find two cabins together to upgrade us to. Should I be able to get an OBC?

Only ES rate gets rate drops after final payment, no other rates. So, yes upgrading is your only option.

How good is the upgrade being offered?? One deck 5 decks up?? mid deck? How far apart are the cabins going to be, do you care if you arent close?

Yes, we have to be close. The other cabin is our three daughters ages 19, 17 and 17, and it would only be one deck up. I emailed them to check again and see if there is anything better, but haven't heard anything back yet. We've sailed with them 14 times in the past 9 years (all 5 of us on 12 of them), so I'm hoping they will take an extra look ;)

Archived