Whats the breakfast and lunch like at Cagneys?

is it really worth it? we really liked the dinners.

Cagney's for breakfast and lunch is for VIps and there is no charge. What is it like? Very good, that is what it is like. The breakfast menu has 2 types of eggs benedict, the basic omelettes and 2 or 3 other things including belgian waffles. There is a fruit, cheese and juice bar with things like lox (no they are not a fruit or cheese) LOL as well as a couple other kinds of fish, breads, papaya and mangos and the usally fruits and juices. The best part of lunch was the crab cakes. They aren't as good as we used to get in MD, but darn close. Oh, for breakfast they offer crab cakes with poached eggs (almost like eggs benedict) There were 2 on the plate and I couldn't eat the second one, just a little too rich.

Hope this gives you some idea of what the food is like, we loved it..

Nita

Cagney's breakfast and lunch last year were wonderful! Very peaceful in the morning--they had a small buffet or you could order from the menu. Lunch was great as well. We REALLY enjoyed the shrimp cocktail--the shrimp were HUGE. Service was always top notch.

Wish we were going to be in a full suite again this year--we are in an AF. But, no upsell offer yet. We sail Sunday, May 9, for Bermuda.

we love cagneys and have recently moved up to a penthouse suite thanks to an upsell so we now have the privilege of eating there. was just wondering if it was worth doing (even if its free) because we like the breakfasts in the MD as well. thanks for the response. im excited!

We love the peace and serenity of Cagneys at breakfast and at lunch....probably why we are having a hard time with a booking for Panama...once you have cruised in a suite, it seems impossible to go back! You know what you are missing! The food is very good...love the berry medley for dessert, the shrimp cocktail, muesli and french toast for breakfast. The menu overall is top notch...it really is worth the extra money!

Its great for breakfast and lunch. We never ate anywhere else for those two meals on our last cruise! We did find it a little slow but likely the same as breakfast/lunch in the MDR's...

Breakfast menu and photos from last May:

http://travel.webshots.com/album/572265867gDVwWC?start=24

Lunch menu etc:

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2127975700105177827NDUWvb

Terrafreaky- YAY! Say hi if u see us there. we will be the traveling with my mom and our 20 month old.

Everyone is saying its peaceful so im scared people will give us dirty looks if we bring the baby for breakfast.lol. he is very well behaved and we are not those ignorant parents. the minute he missbehaves, we leave!

Breakfast and lunch at Cagney's is great!! My personal breakfast choices are the Fruits de Mer in Brioche and the steak and eggs. The steaks we had on the Dawn were small filets and they were melt in the mouth tender and delicious.

You will not be disappointed. Enjoy!!

I am so stressed! We got an upsell, as did my mom, and are in an AC, my aunt and cousin did not. These menus look so good but I don't want to be rude and leave out family. Essentially in my "group" 4 of us have perks, 3 don't. Maybe I'll sit with them at lunch, sip a drink and then run off to Cagney's. :confused:

Rilyez

Our family is traveling with us too and they are in Mini suites with no upsell. The only perks we will be using that they wont are the breakfast and lunch at cagneys but i figure we wouldnt be going to breakfast together every day anyway. They might want to get up later than us or go to the buffet which we don't do. Plus we dont have to eat at Cagneys every AM.

As for the Tender advantage...once again im an early riser and would be on the first tender out regardless but i doubt the rest of my family is as nutty. I drive myself crazy and get everywhere early so regardless id be doing it without the rest of our group.

Other than those perks, whats really different?

This is one area that NCL gets an A-.-- the breakfast menu is outstanding with the steak and eggs and crab cake benedict. The lunch menu use to be an A but a year an half ago they changed to a fix menu that does not change daily ( unless they changed again since last Oct. to a rotating menu) this is ok for a 7 day cruise but for a long cruise it can get old IMOP.

breakfast grade A

lunch grade A-

average grade A-

I have also been allowed to order some things that are not on the menu such as chocolate soup, turkey sandwiches, hot dogs etc.

Big Green

Mainly the restaurants and priority boarding and disembarkation, which may not be an issue if they are allowed to board with us. I've been on the other end of it before and was fine, but my aunt was a little upset she did not get an upsell. As I told her she gets to enjoy the rooms and balconies without spending another dime. My mom will essentially have an AC to herself as my 5 year old is booked with her but there is little chance she will sleep in there. We aren't tendering on our cruise so that won't be a problem. You leave sat I leave sun---have a great time!

Rileyz-

your situation sounds like mine. we got the upsell call and they somehow knew about my mom who had an adjoining room (mini suite) next to us. they said "we have a room to upsell to your mom as well). So we did it without asking her. we paid. So now she is all alone in this GIANT PENTHOUSE!!!! And we are no longer next to each other (adjoining) but we are 2 dorrs way. I had my reservations. My mom kept trying to find someone to come with her on the cruise for FREE and no one wanted to. Her sisters were all either busy or scared to cruise. CRAZY!!

Anywa, as for the embarkation...we are all arriving at different times so we will meet on board anyway. plus, once again, i like to get on early and usually get to do so bec im latitutes. As for Disembarkation, we are all traveling home different ways so i dont think it will be a problem for us but if you and youre family are travelling together, it might be annoying.

We are travelling with our 20month old and im happy to have the extra room but it still was a little pricey.

What Ship are you on?

Rileyz-

your situation sounds like mine. we got the upsell call and they somehow knew about my mom who had an adjoining room (mini suite) next to us. they said "we have a room to upsell to your mom as well). So we did it without asking her. we paid. So now she is all alone in this GIANT PENTHOUSE!!!! And we are no longer next to each other (adjoining) but we are 2 dorrs way. I had my reservations. My mom kept trying to find someone to come with her on the cruise for FREE and no one wanted to. Her sisters were all either busy or scared to cruise. CRAZY!!

Anywa, as for the embarkation...we are all arriving at different times so we will meet on board anyway. plus, once again, i like to get on early and usually get to do so bec im latitutes. As for Disembarkation, we are all traveling home different ways so i dont think it will be a problem for us but if you and youre family are travelling together, it might be annoying.

We are travelling with our 20month old and im happy to have the extra room but it still was a little pricey.

What Ship are you on?

We are on the Dawn to Bermuda. My TA arranged the upsell, my aunt had booked with someone else. We got it dirt cheap, $200 pp more from an obstructed oceanview so I couldn't really negotiate. My mom and I were side by side ov's now we have one cabin in between us.

Lately we have been doing repo cruises of 12 days or longer. While breakfast at Cagneys is always great and the menu offers enough to have variety, the lunch menu for that amount of time is far too limited and does not change from day to day except for soup. We love the peace and quiet of eating there. The view of the rest of the ship is great and the people watching ...priceless.

Every few days we ate at the main dining room or buffet for variety.

Its great for breakfast and lunch. We never ate anywhere else for those two meals on our last cruise! We did find it a little slow but likely the same as breakfast/lunch in the MDR's...

/quote]

That was my question. What time do they open for breakfast? Our Alaska cruise has one very early morning in Ketchikan. Do they open up earlier that day?

Terrafreaky- YAY! Say hi if u see us there. we will be the traveling with my mom and our 20 month old.

Everyone is saying its peaceful so im scared people will give us dirty looks if we bring the baby for breakfast.lol. he is very well behaved and we are not those ignorant parents. the minute he missbehaves, we leave!

Hey, if you bring a baby, some folks are going to roll their eyes and say their meal was ruined even if the baby never peeps. So, as long as you're proactive as you say, don't give the Grinches a second thought.

If a child acts up a little, I don't care as long as the parent is making an effort to get things back to normal. (FWIW)

You can tell your concierge how many people are in your party and they will get you tender tickets for all.

Rilyez

Our family is traveling with us too and they are in Mini suites with no upsell. The only perks we will be using that they wont are the breakfast and lunch at cagneys but i figure we wouldnt be going to breakfast together every day anyway. They might want to get up later than us or go to the buffet which we don't do. Plus we dont have to eat at Cagneys every AM.

As for the Tender advantage...once again im an early riser and would be on the first tender out regardless but i doubt the rest of my family is as nutty. I drive myself crazy and get everywhere early so regardless id be doing it without the rest of our group.

Other than those perks, whats really different?

Both my dh & I and my brother & s-i-l are traveling with babies and are in suites, we will use Cagney's and if the baby misbehaves we will remove them, if you child is not bothering anyone, you paid for this perk also, so enjoy it.

Archived