Have to cancel, anybody interested?

lipoppop

Last June I booked the 32 day Singapore to San Diego cruise on the Amsterdam leaving Singapore on November 6, 2005. Since then my DW and I realized that we cannot spend that much time away from home at that time. So I will cancel and get my deposit back.

However this cruise has been sold out since last June. We booked an A guarantee for $7960 per person which was about $3000 les than HAL was showing on the web site at the time. Since then all classes of cabins are "closed" but some might open up when final payments are due in May.

I was wondering if anybody is interested in this cruise if my TA can switch the reservation to you? This would give a fellow cruise critic poster an opportunity to get a good rate and a reservation on a sold out cruise. Again I don't know if this can be done but if anybody is interested you can post here or e-mail me at jrhoff@optonline.net. For you naysayers out there I will not benefit financially as my deposit is fully refundable.

Still have the May 9th on the Princindam to look forward to. Guess we will never do what Slinkie and Grumpy are doing- 100 plus days world cruise.

Sorry you will not be able to take that wonderful cruise. Hopefully some other time it will be possible for you to do so.

I think it very thoughtful of you to think of fellow CC'ers and give us the chance for a great booking.

God I would if I could.

If I left my 17 and 6 yr old home alone for 32 days , I would come home to a hole in the ground that used to be my house *LOL*

But I think that is a great deal and very nice of you to offer. :)

I hope someone will be able to take advantage of it and really enjoy!! :)

God I would if I could.

If I left my 17 and 6 yr old home alone for 32 days , I would come home to a hole in the ground that used to be my house *LOL*

But I think that is a great deal and very nice of you to offer. :)

I hope someone will be able to take advantage of it and really enjoy!! :)

If you want we will watch one of your youngsters. This is only because I have an affinity for your home town. My DW was living there when we met in 1958.

( I hope you realize I am joking about watching the youngster)

lipoppop

gee I didn't read the last line about just kidding at first. I guess I have to go and unpack all his clothes and toys and stuff now huh? *LOL*

That really does sound like a wonderful cruise though, so sorry that you can't do it.

I know what you mean though, as wonderful as it would be, 32 days is just too long to be away at this stage of mine and my fiances lives.

SOMEDAY , though SOMEDAY !!!!!!!!!! *LOL*

What a shame you have to cancel such a wonderful cruise. We will be away for five weeks in July and August - Transatlantic and six weeks commencing on the 2nd January next year - South America. We always make sure bills are paid up beforehand but we do have the advantage that our son still lives at home (off and on) and is able to look after mail, gardens, watering etc.

Jennie.

Last June I booked the 32 day Singapore to San Diego cruise on the Amsterdam leaving Singapore on November 6, 2005. Since then my DW and I realized that we cannot spend that much time away from home at that time. So I will cancel and get my deposit back.

However this cruise has been sold out since last June. We booked an A guarantee for $7960 per person which was about $3000 les than HAL was showing on the web site at the time. Since then all classes of cabins are "closed" but some might open up when final payments are due in May.

I was wondering if anybody is interested in this cruise if my TA can switch the reservation to you? This would give a fellow cruise critic poster an opportunity to get a good rate and a reservation on a sold out cruise. Again I don't know if this can be done but if anybody is interested you can post here or e-mail me at jrhoff@optonline.net. For you naysayers out there I will not benefit financially as my deposit is fully refundable.

Still have the May 9th on the Princindam to look forward to. Guess we will never do what Slinkie and Grumpy are doing- 100 plus days world cruise.

Given that there is *probably* a wait list for this segment, have you already checked to see if a name change is even possible? Cases like this of which I have heard in the past were not allowed to capriciously change a name with new guests when there is a wait list running for the segment. That would slight the guests who have been waiting to get on this segment for some time now ...

I'll be interested to see if anyone "takes" and if it works out! :)

Archived