Website Courtesy Holds

Has anyone else recently placed a hold on a cruise (the 24 hour courtesy hold) and found it only let's you put in one person's name? It then auto fills guest two with something like TBD.

You can see the cruise in my cruises but cannot edit the name there.

The odd part is when you go to make final payment it won't let you edit the name there either! When I talked with customer service they were like "huh that's odd and TBD should be updated ASAP!" Since I would rather book on-line I wound up cancel the hold and rebook but family also saw that tonight they placed a hold and it only asked for one name and added TBD to the second.

I know their site was just updated just wondering if anyone else had this happen and if so to let others know so it's not a surprise.

Also tried to use a savings certificate that we received in the mail (but that's a whole different story)

Yeah I've done a few lately. I check every day looking for the cabin I want and if I see a better one, I put a hold on it and call RC. I did notice this though, I dont know if its a glitch or what.

Yeah I've done a few lately. I check every day looking for the cabin I want and if I see a better one, I put a hold on it and call RC. I did notice this though, I dont know if its a glitch or what.

Ok great thanks. For a minute I thought it was me (or RCL's plot to get me to call customer service)

Thanks for the quick reply.

Thats the way it was a week ago when I put a hold on one and again today,when I put another hold..........the one last week,I had to call to add the name when I paid for it........

as far as the savings certificate,you have to tell them on the phone the code(if its one of those thank you for cruising with us coupons)..

The booking screen is broken if you go at it in the way you describe. I've tried on three different cruises and never could get the 'TBD' person to update -until- I drove it through an error loop. What turned out to be successful was to go to the name update screen then just hit 'enter' - it then comes back with a bunch of error messages telling you that things are blank - fill out the fields and it takes it the second time.

As someone who works in the field it seem strange that this didn't show up in testing and hasn't been fixed as the result of calls to Customer Service ...

Archived