Fuel Supplement is back - Not NCL

hamrag

There have been a number of comments on various NCL threads during recent months about fuel supplements. Whilst it appears that NCL, for the moment at least, has/will not applied fuel supplements, the following has just been announced by Cunard and P&O. To translate the stated sterling charges into approximate dollars equivalent use a multiplier of 1.5

“Following global increases in the price of fuel, P&O Cruises and Cunard Line will be introducing a fuel supplement for all new bookings made from 10 May 2010. The supplement will apply to all departures from 1 November 2010 across both of these brands.

The supplement will be £2.50 per person per day, up to a maximum of £100 per person.

The supplement will apply to every paying passenger travelling, including 3rd and 4th person fares and paid children's places. No supplement will be applied to free child places.”

The painful part now is that we'll likely get fuel surcharges on a number of lines but no restoration of the cruise features that have been cut over the last year+ - I would have rather fares went up or the surcharge was added months back versus the feature cut backs.

16 more days of holding our breath that they will not implement the FSC again.

My guess (given Cunards announce) is they'd implement only for new bookings but who knows! Gotta hold my breath for 4 days!

Archived