Newark & Continetal

toberman

Looking at getting back from FLL to SYR, and one of the options I have is with CO (good price). Looking at the terminal drawings for EWR it indicates CO goes into all 3 terminals, but terminal C is ONLY CO and it's Regional Airlines. Can I be reasonably assured that for a domestic flight I won't have to change terminals?? IOW's, when CO goes into Terminal A or B, is for the International flights??

Doug

Looking at getting back from FLL to SYR, and one of the options I have is with CO (good price). Looking at the terminal drawings for EWR it indicates CO goes into all 3 terminals, but terminal C is ONLY CO and it's Regional Airlines. Can I be reasonably assured that for a domestic flight I won't have to change terminals?? IOW's, when CO goes into Terminal A or B, is for the International flights??

Doug

Since the EWR - SYR leg is likely to be a Continental Express flight, there's a good chance your flight from FLL will arrive at Terminal C, and your flight to SYR will depart from Terminal A.

Thanks for replies. Seems to be odd that in Terminal A, in order to change concourses, you have to go thru security again?? At least according to the airport drawings.

It's the oldest terminal in use at the airport, and designed before the days of the type of security checks currently used.

As someone noted, you can transfer from a CO flight arriving in Terminal C to a CO Express flight departing from Terminal A without having to go through security by taking the connecting bus.

I don't think there's a guarantee, since flights can be shifted to different gates at the last minute due to lack of space at the originally-scheduled arrival gate, but if you have to change it's no biggie. We had to go from C to A last Fall, arriving from Miami and going on to Ottawa, and taking the shuttle bus was quick and easy. We did not have to go through security. In fact, I went back and forth a couple of times, since Terminal A was so cramped and depressing (there was a big rainstorm, so lots of delayed flights and, as a result, more waiting passengers than usual), and the only restaurant, a Budweiser "pub," had long lines. Terminal C had one restaurant sponsored by Samuel Adams and one by Heineken and, as I recall, a couple of others. Also more shops and, overall, just a nicer atmosphere.

CO has put all of the COExpress flights into Terminal A, and has established an airside connection bus.

So, if you have a COEx flight, it will be in "A", but the connect will not require a security rescreening (unless it is from an international flight and you have had access to your checked luggage through customs).

We did not have to go through security. In fact, I went back and forth a couple of times, since Terminal A was so cramped and depressing (there was a big rainstorm, so lots of delayed flights and, as a result, more waiting passengers than usual), and the only restaurant, a Budweiser "pub," had long lines. Terminal C had one restaurant sponsored by Samuel Adams and one by Heineken and, as I recall, a couple of others. Also more shops and, overall, just a nicer atmosphere.

Thanks Fattony - that's good to know!

CO has put all of the COExpress flights into Terminal A, and has established an airside connection bus.

So, if you have a COEx flight, it will be in "A", but the connect will not require a security rescreening (unless it is from an international flight and you have had access to your checked luggage through customs).

Always trust your input -as a nervious flyer you talked me into using JFK last year, and it worked out great!!- thanks FlyerTalker.

Doug

Archived