Children's safety bracelets

bean24

I saw that some other cruiselines put muster information on a bracelet that children under a certain age have to wear. Does NCL do this? If so up to what age?

Thanks

I've never heard of it before. If you leave your kids in the childcare program, I think they go to lifeboats with the group and not with you.

This is incorrect. All Kid's Crew (ages 2-12) participants get a bracelet, and here's how the emergency procedure works:

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cruiser/cmsPages.html?pageId=FreestyleFamilyFun

Kid's Crew Safety and Emergency Information

Relax-it's your job to have fun and our job to keep your kids happy and safe. Every child in Kid's Crew receives a Kid's Crew bracelet with their name, stateroom number, emergency station, allergies, and medications listed. If an emergency does occur, our Youth Staff is responsible for the mustering of the child in their care and bringing them to safety at the Child Muster Station. There, you can claim your child. All unclaimed children will be taken to the secondary station and distributed to their assigned lifeboat stations.

This is incorrect. All Kid's Crew (ages 2-12) participants get a bracelet, and here's how the emergency procedure works:

Relax-it's your job to have fun and our job to keep your kids happy and safe. Every child in Kid's Crew receives a Kid's Crew bracelet with their name, stateroom number, emergency station, allergies, and medications listed. If an emergency does occur, our Youth Staff is responsible for the mustering of the child in their care and bringing them to safety at the Child Muster Station. There, you can claim your child. All unclaimed children will be taken to the secondary station and distributed to their assigned lifeboat stations.

That is what I was hoping to hear, we will have a 2 yr old 9 yr old and 11 yr old in the kids club and was going to try and make something if there wasn't a policy in place

They do get bracelets but ONLY while they are in the kids club. They leave them at the kids club when the parents sign them out. Also one thing I really liked about the bracelets is that if there was an allergy the kids had a star on their bracelets to indicate it.

I'm glad you posted this. I had no idea. We have participated in the Kid's program in the past, but there was no bracelet.

They do get bracelets but ONLY while they are in the kids club. They leave them at the kids club when the parents sign them out. Also one thing I really liked about the bracelets is that if there was an allergy the kids had a star on their bracelets to indicate it.

Would seem prudent for the parent to make sure the child had something in their pocket identifying them, and their muster station for when they're not in the kids's club.

I know parents won't let the kids out of their sights normally, but you never know what's going to transpire in a human stampede if there is a real emergency.

Is Disney the only cruise line that uses a bracelet with scanner on all kids who use the Kids Club? (that stays on the entire cruise)

How about a pager? When you get the bracelet on Disney you also get a pager that the counselers can use if there is a problem or if your child wants you to pick them up. They also require a "password" to sign your child out of the club (so no one steals them!).

We thought that option was wonderful and I guess I sorta thought it was industry standard. That may be one of the features that tips the balance on our decision of cruise lines for our November 2010 seven-day cruise.

only people (21 or older) are allowed to sign the child out

i was the only who could get my DD in or out

not even her 125yo could get her

she went in for 2 hrs the first day at sea and never went back

I would think they wouldn't release a child to a 125 year old :D

oh sorry :p

divide the 125 by 8.333333333

it will get you closer to not even her brother, her other main guardian, to checking her in and out

Is Disney the only cruise line that uses a bracelet with scanner on all kids who use the Kids Club? (that stays on the entire cruise)

How about a pager? When you get the bracelet on Disney you also get a pager that the counselers can use if there is a problem or if your child wants you to pick them up. They also require a "password" to sign your child out of the club (so no one steals them!).

We thought that option was wonderful and I guess I sorta thought it was industry standard. That may be one of the features that tips the balance on our decision of cruise lines for our November 2010 seven-day cruise.

Carnival has bracelets that stay on the whole cruise, but they don't scan. They also have phones for parents so the staff can call if needed.

Archived