Time in Budapest and Amsterdam

SheilaNC

We plan to book a cruise from Budapest to Amsterdam and to spend a few days pre and post cruise in both cities. I've done some research about how to spend 3-4 days in each city and am, frankly, overwhelmed with choices. I'd love to exchange emails with folks who have done one or both cities. If you have an itinerary that you'd recommend or suggestions about what to do or not and would be willing to share, please email me - address below.

Thanks a bunch. Our trip will probably be in spring 2011 and, of course, I will write a review and post about our experience. :)

I live close to Amsterdam, know the city and of course The netherlands well. Let me know if you need help.

What are your interests? Museums, other cities?

We plan to book a cruise from Budapest to Amsterdam and to spend a few days pre and post cruise in both cities. I've done some research about how to spend 3-4 days in each city and am, frankly, overwhelmed with choices. I'd love to exchange emails with folks who have done one or both cities. If you have an itinerary that you'd recommend or suggestions about what to do or not and would be willing to share, please email me - address below.

Thanks a bunch. Our trip will probably be in spring 2011 and, of course, I will write a review and post about our experience. :)

We just returned from our river cruise and spent 3 days pre-cruise in Budapest. I would suggest that you first do the hop on hop off bus to get an overview of the city. Our hotel, the Budapest Hilton, was located in the Castle Hill district and I simply loved being there--it is a very quiet area overlooking the river with magnificent views of the city and we were fortunate to have a view of both Fishermans Bastion and the Parliament building--truly lovely at night with all of the lights.

Budapest is a beautiful city--I hope that you enjoy it as much as I did.

Hi Sheila,

Last year we did a Danube cruise from Budapest to Prague. You can see what we did with lots of photos in many of the cities you will visit on our website www.thepreismans.com . You are wise to be doing your research now, since there is just so much to see and do in Budapest. We were only there for a couple days and could have used several more. Have a great time.

Mike,

Just wanted to thank you for your wonderful pictures and reviews of your trips. We have visited many of the same places as you and Carol,and have obtained much helpful information from your experiences.

We just returned a few weeks ago from a cruise in Southeast Asia and relilved much of it through your pictures. Now I am finalizing plans for our next cruise, a river cruise from Budapest to Passau, so your review was again most helpful.

Your picutres of Budapest's illuminated buildings are especiallay beautiful...and we share your love of churches, so we are more eager than ever to start this next adventure.

Thank you for sharing.

Carol

Mike,

Just wanted to thank you for your wonderful pictures and reviews of your trips. We have visited many of the same places as you and Carol,and have obtained much helpful information from your experiences.

We just returned a few weeks ago from a cruise in Southeast Asia and relilved much of it through your pictures. Now I am finalizing plans for our next cruise, a river cruise from Budapest to Passau, so your review was again most helpful.

Your picutres of Budapest's illuminated buildings are especiallay beautiful...and we share your love of churches, so we are more eager than ever to start this next adventure.

Thank you for sharing.

Carol

Thank you Carol. I am so glad that you have enjoyed our reviews and that they have brought back some fond memories and hopefully some future memories.

Archived