QM2 - What can we expect?

bkecky

Since the departure of the QE2 we have sailed with QV but we have noticed in the new brochure that all the cruises when we usually go involve flying. This is not an option for us so we are looking at the QM2 and QE. So far it seems that the QM2 cruises would suit us better as we don't really want to do the Baltics again.

The reason why we loved the QE2 was the familiar and friendly atmosphere on board and we found that the QV, being the smaller of the remaining two with ex-QE2 staff to be the nearest experience we could get. It seems that we may have to opt for QM2 or cross over to P&O. My question is how does the atmosphere on QM2 compare with the QV? It seems she has become the Queen of all Queens but we are worried she is just too big and we wouldn't find that sense "feeling at home" like we did on QV and QE2.

Has anyone sailed on both and if you prefer/love the QM2, what is it that you love so much about her? Thanks,

Rebecca

I have saile d on both and feel at home on either. The staff are very welcoming and nothing is too much trouble for them. The QM2 is a wonderful graceful yet old-fashioned liner. There is so much space on board that it is easy to find private areas to sit, if that is what you want to do. The public rooms are impressive and you feel really special walking around the ship.

Like you I loved QE2 :) I went on QM2 and QV last year and liked them both, in different ways.

QV is a nice small friendly ship, but QM2 has the solid feel that QE2 had, you can tell she is built to last.

I am booked on QM2 twice this year if that means anything :)

I will be back on QV next year though.

My vote is for the Qm2. I have sailed on both and find the low ceilings of the QV oppressive. Also QM2 can enter the Queens room from both sides of the ship and they have a dedicated area that they use as a movie theater. Since there are more public room space the daily activities seem to be better placed. Although she is big, you really do not have that feeling when you are on the ship.

The main concern is that we are two 65 year olds and a 23 year old. We like to do our separate things during the daytime and like to come together in the evening. But we also like to know that if we should need each other in the day it will be relatively easy to find each other. This wasn't a problem on the QV or QE2 as we both have our separate haunts but with added choice we are concerned she may be a little too big for us.

Hey Becky! how's it going? can you believe it was last Aug that we met you on QV? we are off to Norway on QM2 14th Aug - you have to book it - some of the others from that QV trip have already booked.

You already know my views - QM2 every day of the week for me... no comparison - QV is like sailing in a Merchant Ivory film.. not my thing at all.. Paul says hi, hope all is well with you (and remember, you need to bring me up to date on a story... best not on here though...!!) ;o)

Gary

Hey Becky! how's it going? can you believe it was last Aug that we met you on QV? we are off to Norway on QM2 14th Aug - you have to book it - some of the others from that QV trip have already booked.

You already know my views - QM2 every day of the week for me... no comparison - QV is like sailing in a Merchant Ivory film.. not my thing at all.. Paul says hi, hope all is well with you (and remember, you need to bring me up to date on a story... best not on here though...!!) ;o)

Gary

Hey!!! You are back! I was looking for you but couldn't find you and then here you are! How's it going? I'm still sitting with my legs how you showed me. Looks like might be joining the QM2 afterall! So good to hear from you. I'm off back on the QV on Friday and then again for a b2b in August, which clashes with yours I'm afraid, due to us sailing 15th Aug.

Glad you are both well. I am afriad the story may not be as exciting as you imagine although there were a few post-cruise trips. So glad to be back in the UK now, although not so happy to be working...

Really so nice to hear from you! Give my best to Paul!

Hey!!! You are back! I was looking for you but couldn't find you and then here you are! How's it going? I'm still sitting with my legs how you showed me. Looks like might be joining the QM2 afterall! So good to hear from you. I'm off back on the QV on Friday and then again for a b2b in August, which clashes with yours I'm afraid, due to us sailing 15th Aug.

Glad you are both well. I am afriad the story may not be as exciting as you imagine although there were a few post-cruise trips. So glad to be back in the UK now, although not so happy to be working...

Really so nice to hear from you! Give my best to Paul!

Yeah - only back on here to say hi to you though.. I just couldn't resist. Ok, if Aug doesn't work - how about Jan 3rd 2011 caribbean.. oh, that involves flying though (but you could do it right?) we're booked on that too! Keep those legs properly angled.... xx

Yeah - only back on here to say hi to you though.. I just couldn't resist. Ok, if Aug doesn't work - how about Jan 3rd 2011 caribbean.. oh, that involves flying though (but you could do it right?) we're booked on that too! Keep those legs properly angled.... xx

That all depends on single supplements. Cunard are killing the singletons!

Archived