Face Flannel

Summergee

Believe Magellans sell special packs of material for washing ones face.

In answer to the question, the items provided are not necessarily as smooth as flannel, but the do the job. Those you use are replaced morning and night, so you know that the item is always clean.

Some of the public toilets on board also have single cloth towels on which to dry your hands,again these are only used once .

Towels in the bathrooms are also replaced (or should be ) morning and night.

Soap you keep until it is used. however I do take my face soap, it is creamier than that supplied by Cunard.and more suited to my skin I use the Cunard soap, each evening to wash out my personal underwear -very useful.

I also carry my own shampoo, though plenty is supplied by Cunard, it is just that I prefer my own because it contains Rosemary and Lavender oils.

Lynn

Pardon me for being an uninformed barbarian, but what the hell are face flannels? Primitives that we are, we grew up with wash cloths out of towel material, but have never heard of flannel being used for that purpose. Of course flannel sheets are also none existent in our tropical clime.

Pardon me for being an uninformed barbarian, but what the hell are face flannels? Primitives that we are, we grew up with wash cloths out of towel material, but have never heard of flannel being used for that purpose. Of course flannel sheets are also none existent in our tropical clime.

Face flannels are what we in the Old World call wash cloths. They may at one time have been made from flannel, or that could be a load of old flannel. They are now made from towelling type material.

Brought up in the south east of England we were accustomed to calling them flannels.

Summergee, you'll be pleased to know that on the last cruise we had two face flannels at our sink each day - nice thick ones and replaced as often as they were used.

Archived