Celebrity Summit Bed Bugs

Rea

A year or so ago the Summit was infested with bed bugs. Does anyone know if this a problem since it has been refurbished? We are interested in going on this ship.

Thank you,

Rea

A year or so ago the Summit was infested with bed bugs. Does anyone know if this a problem since it has been refurbished? We are interested in going on this ship.

Thank you,

Rea

We don't think that could happen ;but ,if you are concerned then call either Celebrity booking or the Captains Club to clarrify the question

Good Luck

Thank you,

Rea

Hi Rea, I sailed her in January and will be going again in 8 days:D

No bugs in January and don't expect any this time either.:)

Thank you,

Rea

If this was a year ago, Summit has not been refurbished since then. She was last done in April of 2008. If this existed, it is not something that would need to be taken care of during a drydock..

Thank you,

Rea

Never heard anything about this. Where did you get that information?

How much booze do they smuggle in??

Ok - couldn't help it :).

But seriously, I have close friends in pest control and bed bugs do happen, to even the finest hotels, and they are hard to rid. And they can travel in on any cruiser's luggage. That being said, it would be good to hear where the report came from because it would be an easy accusation to level, without any real proof. If they did exist, it really wouldn't mean much about the quality of housekeeping (did I mention the finest, and I mean 5 star hotels in big cities, sometimes deal with this?). Best bet, if anyone is worried, is to do a quick check of the sheets before settling in.

Good night, sleep tight, and don't let the bed bugs bite!

we just got off on Sunday, and no bed bugs. We had a great time and the ship is in good shape.

Suz

Thanks for the review. A few questions. Which nights were formal and how was the food on those nights. Does the ship have wi fi.

Thank you

There is a big difference between a ship having an "INFESTATION", and having bed bugs in one or two staterooms. :eek: In all my years on this board, I have never read of a ship having an infestation of bed bugs.:rolleyes: Only a handful of reports of them being in a passengers stateroom. ;)

Bed Bugs tend to jump from beds to people to another bed. Did these people sleep in more than one bed during the cruise? The infestations mentioned on another website (note that the Summit was not mentioned) usually involved two or three people. In all liklihood the passengers (or a prior passenger) brought the bugs onboard. There would be no way for a cabin steward to know this, unless he was told about it.

Many cruisers sleep in hotels the night before a cruise. Why blame Celebrity for a single event?

Edited by Crcbonjour

Well...now we can blame the bed bugs for spreading the Noro!!!:D

Never heard of a ship being infested. A room..maybe. Urban myths spread faster than the bugs!!;)

Didn't hear about any problems last fall on our Med cruise.

Edited by eandj

Thank you,

Rea

We were on the Summit a year ago (15 months) and didn't have any bed bug issues nor did we hear anything about it.

Do you read Cruise Bruise? After reading about the bed bugs I googled them. Royal Caribbean's Jewel of the sea had a big infestation. Many NCl ships also had them.

rea

Wow, I too, wish I hadn't clicked on this thread!!! Scary to think of....

Got me thinking...with so many passengers and lots of them likely to have pets back home, has anybody experienced a cabin infested with fleas? Even though the pet is not in the cabin, it's possible for the fleas to get brought on the ship as a "stowaway". I once remember a coworker complaining about fleas that she had, and then lo and behold, those fleas ended up somehow back in my apartment!

Thanks for the review. A few questions. Which nights were formal and how was the food on those nights. Does the ship have wi fi.

Thank you

The formal nights were Monday and Friday, the food was very good, lobster the last formal night. The ship does have WiFI but not in your cabin.

Here are the hot spots:

Gamma Room Deck 3

Internet Café & Rendez-vous Lounge Deck 4

Covo Café Deck 5

Waterfall Café Deck 10

Suz

• 4 years later...

Thank you,

Rea

It may have come from a NYC hotel (guests stayng a night in the city before the cruise) They did have a huge problem a while back in the NYC hotels. It has since been pretty silent of any reported recent bed bug issues. On a side note...we have done over 20 cruises on Celebrity and have never had a problem with bed bugs.