"LIVE" From Explorer of the Seas / May 8, 2010

Hi Radio,

Sailing the EOS on Aug 5th. Getting concerned about the comment in the roll call that it is ungoing a drydock at Sea. Is this true, and how does this ship compare to the Carribean Princess or Crown Princess?We loved the Crown and carribean princess 9 day cruise!

Hi Radio,

Sailing the EOS on Aug 5th. Getting concerned about the comment in the roll call that it is ungoing a drydock at Sea. Is this true, and how does this ship compare to the Carribean Princess or Crown Princess?We loved the Crown and carribean princess 9 day cruise!

I haven't heard anything about a "Drydock at Sea". . . Explorer just completed a dry dock a few months ago.

I did not see any workers doing upgrades or refurbishments during my sailing. . .

You should love the Explorer of the Seas. . . I had a great time. The crew is very friendly, and the ship is beautiful.

Radio

;);)

Edited by Radio

Christie, I just came off the Explorer today and there was no latin music on our 9 nighter either!! The Aquarium Bar used to be packed every night on our previous cruises - there was always a great band there and many nights we would sit at the bar and listen to them, but this time there were a few guys and a girl singer who's voice was the worse I ever heard and the bar remained pretty empty the entire cruise. The lady was singing to an empty house..........LOL I filled out the survery and gave them "poor" for live music. I wonder why they took away the latin band?? They really drew a crowd!

We were REALLY dissapointed that there was no latin music on board.

To be honest we felt that the ship was a bit of a morgue to be honest.

We were REALLY dissapointed that there was no latin music on board.

To be honest we felt that the ship was a bit of a morgue to be honest.

Mike,

I was disappointed in the live music and I gave them a "poor" for live music on their evaluation form they left in the room. First time I ever gave them a poor for anything!!!

Patty

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Radio, thanks for the link to your website and your cruise history, it

is INCREDIBLE to read!

Can you or anyone give any suggestions of what excursion is good

to do in Bermuda? I have not been there before, and dont really

want to buy a bus pass to try to figure it all out on my own.

That seems to be the thing posters on here say to do.

I did email a taxi tour guide who was recommended (Duke) and

we do plan on taking his tour on the 1st day, so that leaves

the 2nd day. The tours offered thru the ship are very expensive

and dont seem to be very long for the money paid.

can anyone offer any suggestions? I am a water person and would

love any catamaran, snorkel, beach ideas.

thanks in advance!

There is a nice tour offered by RCI, that includes a short cruise on the Consort to the Aquarium, and to a snorkeling area and then back to the ship. No bus rides or cabs. . .

Radio

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I haven't heard anything about a "Drydock at Sea". . . Explorer just completed a dry dock a few months ago.

I did not see any workers doing upgrades or refurbishments during my sailing. . .

You should love the Explorer of the Seas. . . I had a great time. The crew is very friendly, and the ship is beautiful.

Radio

;);)

Just looking at your deck pix showed the good job they did up there. It was looking pretty ratty before the dry dock.

Mike,

I was disappointed in the live music and I gave them a "poor" for live music on their evaluation form they left in the room. First time I ever gave them a poor for anything!!!

Patty

That's disappointing to hear. My last sailing, I had TOO many good bands to listen to on deck 4.

• 4 weeks later...

Radio I know you have been on the Explorer many times, and I was wondering if I could have your help. I'm doing a blog for the Explorer of the Seas. Its my first time on the ship and I was just collecting some information. Please submit comments to the blog. Relate experiences, if you have pictures to share please let me know. Also compasses, menus, etc would be greatly appreciated. Here is the link.

http://cruisinonexplorer.blogspot.com/

• 3 years later...