"LIVE" From Explorer of the Seas / May 8, 2010

What a beautiful monument! I've got to get back to NYC...I miss it. Its been 2 yrs since I've been there.

Some of the NJ Locals call it the "Teardrop Monument"

I can see why. . .

Radio

;);)

I too have been looking forward to reading this 'live' report, many thanks Radio for taking the time, we did Explorer in January last year, and hoping to go again in Feb next year. we were just so excited to start off in New York, it was our first visit and our first sighting of the lovely statue of Liberty. Have a fab cruise and I do not intend to do anything this week apart from read yours and Megr1125 reports :D

Hello everyone. . . The weather today is mild. We are expecting thundershowers to roll through between 12PM and 1PM, and it will get very windy through the evening.(45-50mph)

Since I have a long while before I board Explorer of the Seas, I thought I would post a few more pics from Cape Liberty Cruise Port. . .

Radio

;);)

Aerial View of Cape Liberty from the South

CLCC4A.jpg

Plans for the Peninsula at Bayonne

CLCC6.jpg

Cape Liberty will appear much different in just a few years from now

CLCC8.jpg

View from the Explorer of the Seas in Nov 2007 (We were at the old berth)

CLCC2.jpg

What great pictures RADIO!! We were on her 11/08 and can't wait to be back on her 11/7/10 for a 12 nighter to So. Caribbean!!! (Do we still need the 'quick bus ride' over to the Ship? So many changes, so I thought I'd ask!!!

Have a wonderful cruise and keep up the good work with the great pictures.

Safe sails!!

What great pictures RADIO!! We were on her 11/08 and can't wait to be back on her 11/7/10 for a 12 nighter to So. Caribbean!!! (Do we still need the 'quick bus ride' over to the Ship? So many changes, so I thought I'd ask!!!

Have a wonderful cruise and keep up the good work with the great pictures.

Safe sails!!

I have heard that there is no more shuttle, but I will validate that later tonight !:rolleyes:

Radio

;);)

Radio, thanks so much for doing this. I'll be sailing with you and Meg in my dreams!

Meg, bon voyage and have a great time. Say hi to your Mom for me and wish her a happy Mother's Day.

No room in the suitcase for me, hmmmmm?

Cheryl

Some of the NJ Locals call it the "Teardrop Monument"

I can see why. . .

Radio

;);)

The first time I saw the monument I thought the same thing.

Theresa

Edited by psupa

Looking forward to yout report. Followed your thread recently on the Oasis and a year ago on the Adventure (we were actually on the sailing right after you!)

We have never sailed on the Explorer and our first cruise with her will be in October!

I have heard that there is no more shuttle, but I will validate that later tonight !:rolleyes:

Radio

;);)

As of 2 weeks ago, there was still the short shuttle ride to the ship.

Looks like there will be some competition... two people on the Explorer at the same time doing live threads! :eek:

I am certainly not trying to compete Dylan!! Just provide lots of entertainment for the folks here on CC....I really only started my thread as I am going to be on the ship longer!!!

(and as I told you before, I think I can pick up some pointers!!;))

Also, I am doing it so that my non sailing friends and family can keep up with us!!!

Edited by megr1125

I am certainly not trying to compete Dylan!! Just provide lots of entertainment for the folks here on CC....I really only started my thread as I am going to be on the ship longer!!!

(and as I told you before, I think I can pick up some pointers!!;))

Also, I am doing it so that my non sailing friends and family can keep up with us!!!

LOL!

I know, your first leg happens to be the same cruise Radio is going on, and you had already planned starting a live thread... am I right? BTW, I'm planning to read both live threads!

Hello Radio and Meg...looking forward to you updates...we will be going on the Summit in Sept so looking forward to all the port updates especially...

I won't post alot until you get back...but I will be lurking

Hello Radio and Meg...looking forward to you updates...we will be going on the Summit in Sept so looking forward to all the port updates especially...

I won't post alot until you get back...but I will be lurking

you;ll be stalking me on FB!!! ;)

Thanks....i may look into =X= as well!!

Dylan....you are correct! I started the live reports last Feb after the infamous 'prop' incident.....but now my family (scattered all over) and friends (most of whom haven't cruised yet, and some who are new cruisers) like to keep track of us!! Plus since my mom uses a wheelchair and has trouble getting around, I like to add what is hopefully helpful info about that!!

Radio should be at, or on the way to Cape Liberty. As for me seeing anything...other than traffic on my little country road heading out for a ride through Lambertville/New Hope....I sure as heck can't see the ship!!!

Hello everyone. . . Explorer of the Seas was backing into the Pier area as I went down to Cape Liberty at 3PM. she was tied up by 330PM.

It was nice to see Explorer while the sun was shining. . .When I board her tonight, it will be a little darker.

I am back at the hotel now, and plan on driving to the pier at about 8PM. The Port Security reps were allowing passenger for the May 8 cruise into the terminal, but they said they won't be checking in anyone until about 730PM.

Here are a few pics of Explorer of the Seas pulling into port. . .

More pics after boarding tonight !

Radio

I drive back over to Cape Liberty

P18.JPG

Explorer of the Seas backing into the pier area. . .

P19.JPG

Come on now. . .your almost here.

P20.JPG

There we go. . .now all of the passengers must get off. . . quickly !

P22.JPG

The Harborview 911 Memorial and Explorer of the Seas

P23.JPG

Manhattan,NYC and Lady Liberty across the Hudson on another sunny (but very windy) day.

P25.JPG

Edited by Radio