RCCL insurance

Problems with RCCL insurance, or the flow rider, ice skating , rock climbing?

Because if you search , you will see there are threads with injuries from the flow rider, for sure.

I personally think RCCL insurance is way too expensive, I always use www.quotewright.com and have actually had to put in a claim, they were great.Another time, I had to switch cruises, and they just rebooked the insurance onto the new cruise. no questions asked one phone call.

so check them out

Because if you search , you will see there are threads with injuries from the flow rider, for sure.

I personally think RCCL insurance is way too expensive, I always use www.quotewright.com and have actually had to put in a claim, they were great.Another time, I had to switch cruises, and they just rebooked the insurance onto the new cruise. no questions asked one phone call.

so check them out

will they let you cancel an time for any reason like RCL's insurance will?

Read the fine print for inclusion of 'xtreme' sports. I've seen in not included on some policies. I'm no insurance expert but usually the ship policies have low limits on medical and if you're worried about hurting yourself on one of those sports then you'll probably need to make sure you have a big enough limit. Some like travelex have a cancel for any reason. Also on RCL cancel for any reason do you get your money back or just cruise credit?

so check them out

I just got a rate quote from them and it was $114 for my family of 4, which I thought was extremely reasonable. I've never bought trip insurance so I have nothing to compare it to, but I was happy with that price. Now I'd have to sit down and read the policy and try and understand if it encompassed all that I needed. I hate trying to understand all the legalease in these insurance policies, but I'd also hate to pay money for something that was useless too.

Melissa

navis navis, the insurance from RCL will only cover cancelation for Europeans.

I found out last DEc. when my sister fall in the jacuzy and needed stitches.

The doctors bill went on my credit card.

No payment from the RCL insurance ,since Holland has Social Health Insurance they paid up the whole bill.

But my sisters always take out travel insurance in Holland.

They cruise often and only once had to use the insurance. Lucky.

Going on a cruise in july thinking of having RC travel insurance as anyone had problems? Will be going on flowrider,ice skating and rock climbing wall thanks.

Travel insurance does not cover the flowrider, etc. It is for cancellation, lost luggage, trip delay, etc.

I believe you can get less expensive insurance from http://www.insuremytrip.com.

Travel insurance does not cover the flowrider, etc. It is for cancellation, lost luggage, trip delay, etc.

I believe you can get less expensive insurance from www.insuremytrip.com.

WRONG, travel insurance also covers medical and emergency, including air ambulance etc. SOME policies will exclude,"extreme watersports" and flowrider may be included in this, but with those policies you can normally buy a rider to cover it.

WRONG, travel insurance also covers medical and emergency, including air ambulance etc. SOME policies will exclude,"extreme watersports" and flowrider may be included in this, but with those policies you can normally buy a rider to cover it.

Yes, medical and emergencies are covered but I do not think activities like the flowrider would be covered. I believe you have to sign a waiver for this type of activity, just as you have to sign a waiver for some types of shore excursions.

I have used RCI's insurance. I needed medical attention on our first cruise. The charge was put on our SeaPass but when I got home I first put in a claim with my insurance company who, of course, denied it (I knew that was going to happen) - I then took that denial and sent it to RCI's insurer with their cleim form and we got a check back right away.

so check them out

Whether or not RCCL insurance is more expensive depends on your age. At our ages now since RCCL bases premium on the cost of the cruise it is normally much less expensive.

In the past I have used and made claims with RCCL insurance, Travelguard and Access America and had no problems with any of those.

Yes, medical and emergencies are covered but I do not think activities like the flowrider would be covered. I believe you have to sign a waiver for this type of activity, just as you have to sign a waiver for some types of shore excursions.

The waiver is so that they aren't liable if you get hurt. That has nothing to do with insurance coverage if you have it

I don't think RCCL insurance prices/policy is bad, but I prefer to get something with a little better medical coverage. Emergency evacuation can easily run more than $25,000 and $10,000 is not a lot of medical insurance if you have a serious issue.

The waiver is so that they aren't liable if you get hurt. That has nothing to do with insurance coverage if you have it

So in other words if a person had a broken leg or other serious injury from the flowrider, the insurance would pay for the transportation back to the US(or somewhere else for appropriate medical care)? This is good to know because I assumed the travel insurance would not pay if you somehow got yourself into trouble. I stand corrected.

Archived